CALLING ALL LC SURVIVORS!!!

Connie B

( 41 )

Wonderful, Courageous, Strong, Powerful, Kind, Caring, Supportive, Sensitive and Fun Loving

LUNG CANCER SURVIVORS HERE ON LCSC!

:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

Thank you to all My Dear and Wonderful Lung Cancer Survivor Friends that have posts for the world to see. :D:wink: We CAN make a difference in the life of a lung cancer survivor. :wink:

If YOU are a Lung Cancer Survivor, PLEASE take a minute and share your story with the rest of us. We would love to hear from you. By doing this, you offer HOPE and INSPIRATION to all those that are thrown into this journey, smokers and non-smokers alike.

Besides, we don't care if you were a smoker or not, we're not here to JUDGE YOU. We offer Support with Open Arms. ((((((GROUP HUG)))))))

• 3 weeks later...

Nancy J and Nancy O bring our total of Lung Cancer Survivors that post to LCSC up to 43 ! :wink:

Nancy O, it's been a while that we have heard from you. So glad to see your doing well and even more glad to hear your going to be a 5 YEAR LC SURVIVOR!

I want to say a big HOORAY for ALL the Lung Cancer Survivors here at LCSC.

Also Congratultions to EVERYONE here that is Celebrating a month, 6 months, a year or two years or six years, etc., etc., etc., of being a Lung Cancer Survivor. :wink::D:D

I had a long drawn out reply to post and lost it somehow ...that's ok

just want all to know I'm with you 150% we have to hang in there... everyday someone gives THAT LOOK "how are you ?" I just tell them not dead yet - I'll call them first !! I was feeling sorry for myself earlier - then after writing that first reply that was all boohoo- I was glad I lost it ... I don't want to be that kind of person -- I want to stay upbeat and positive ( although we all know that's not the easiest sometimes )

Don't know about the rest of you but I COUNT ON ALL OF YOU TO HELP ME DO THAT !! AND THANK YOU SOOOOOOO VERY MUCH.(':D')(':lol:')(':)')

love ya guys

sue

Roger,

You just keep a positive attitude, stay active and keep the faith and you will beat this disease. Our Lord doesn't give us any more than we can handle. Just give it to Him and keep up the good fight. We are all here to root you on and support you...

God Bless and prayers,

Karen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i was diagnosed dec 2004 with lung cancer. sugrery and chemo from january to may 2005.

I just found this site yesterday. right now i'm just reading and feeling so profoundly happy to find a place where i can talk to other people.

jule

i am a lurker

dont mean to be

february was 2 years from surgery/diagnosis for me

so far so good

i check in on all of you often

without this site i would be very lonley

its the best and i feel like i know many of you

i still cant figure out how to get a photo posted!!!!!

as long as this site is running i will be visiting!!!!

( 48 )

WONDERFUL, LUNG CANCER SURVIVORS HAVE POSTED TO THIS THREAD!

I want you all to know how Grateful I am that SOON I will be an 11 Year Lung Cancer Survivor come July. :D:D My prayer for everyone is, I hope you ALL can follow in my footsteps of being an 11 year LC SURVIVOR! :wink:

It's so nice to see our wonderful lurkers post a message.

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF US!! GROUP ((((HUG)))))

Bless your heart for starting this thread, Connie.

I'm in Portland, Oregon and this July will be my two year anniversary since my surgery :D

This board has helped me tremendously, don't know if I'd have made it without all of you

Kathy

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to you Denny! I'm sorry you have to be here, and I'm very sorry to hear you also lost your wonderful wife to this horrible beast. :( I don't have to tell you how awful this disease is.

I am glad to see your amoung the SURVIVORS! :wink:

I'm going to send you a Warm and Friendly Hug from One Survivor to Another! (((((DENNY))))))

We're here for you if you need an ear, just holler!

Hello all from Arkansas

I took my last Chemo on April 4th 2006 and was told to come back for a cat scan in August. I have an appointment with the medical oncologist the first week in September. He said regardless of what the cat scan says there will be no more treatment. As far as he is concerned all has been done that can be done. My last cat scan showed the cancer to be gone except for a small trace which could be dead cells.

I'm 73 years old and also have emphysema. My lungs now are functioning at less than 40%

A bout with pneumonia a month ago did nothing to help. I followed that with a hernia operation 10 days after getting out of the hospital for the pneumonia.

Wondering if I'll ever get my strength back? :?

Welcome to you Bluemax14,

Glad to hear your doing so well! Sorry you had the need to look us up, but I'm very glad you did. Lots of wonderful people here at LCSC.

Yes, you'll get your strength back. That chemo can and does knock us on our butts! :roll: To say the least!

You'll notice in a few months that you should be starting to perk up some. It's a slow road to recovery, so sit back, hang on, and just take it easy. :wink:

Holler if you have questions or if we can be of any help to you. We're more then willing to lend a helping hand.

• 3 weeks later...

HAPPY 2+ years Sandy! Hope you'll stop in and say hi now and again, and let us know how your doing.

It's always soooooo GOOD to hear from LC SURVIVORS! :D:wink:

We need to hear from the LC SURIVORS! If your reading this message and your a LC SURVIVOR, please stop in and say HI and tell us how long you have been a LC Survivor! We look forward to hearing from all the LC SURVIVORS! :D

Rumor has it that there isn't many of us LC SURVIVOR'S out here, and I would sure like to prove that rumor wrong!!!

I wanted to reiterate Connie's message to all LC survivors that quietly are part of the board to come out and say hello. I am new to lung cancer and have not started my treatments yet. Chemo and radiation planned for July 10th. The first two weeks before official diagnosis when my pulmonologist told me something did not look right on my CT scan and sent me for a PET then Biopsy, I was absolutely sure I was going to die quickly. All I could think about was Peter Jennings and Dana Reeve. As a mother of 3 kids that I still need to raise, I was falling apart and my family along with me. Luckily I have always loved my computer and the internet and started looking up "lung cancer" and I found this site and posted a message. The most wonderful people on this board must have noticed the despair in my post and I had so many messages of encouragement that I said to my husband a few days later "Maybe I won't die" and my attitude started changing. I am know ready for treatment and ready to fight this with my entire sicilian clan behind me to help me get through this. Anyhow, I couldn't feel as good as I do right now without the folks on this site who are willing to share their survival experience. Just knowing that each of you is here and alive gives me hope every day that I will see another day. Thank you to all of you that have come forward. I hope five years from now, that I will be helping someone else on this site who just was diagnosed and not sure what to expect.

Hugs to all

Lilly

• 2 weeks later...