CALLING ALL LC SURVIVORS!!!

Connie B

• 1 month later...

Holy Cow, am I late in responding! In October I will be celebrating with pure joy my 6th anniversary.

But the real heroes are those who are struggling through that first long year....it's so scary and way to real, right? Of course, blue ribbons should be handed out to all the families who keep our spirits up day in and day out.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Heather's and Brad's LC run in November.

If anyone has a relative in the NY/CT area who needs a phone call from time to time, I would love to lend support. I'm way better on the phone than emailing!!!

Kathy

I'm here to tell you that no one has to be sorry for posting to this thread late. We LOVE to hear from all our Lung Cancer Survivor Friends, no matter when and how long it takes someone to post here. This is one time that later is BETTER or doesn't really count! :wink:

I am so glad to see we are still pulling all you wonderful Lung Cancer Survivors out of the woodwork!

:wink::wink::wink::wink::D:D:D

Congratulations to ALL my WONDERFUL LUNG CANCER SURVIVOR HERO'S !!

Lets hear from some more, OKAY???? :wink:

• 1 month later...

I am still here. This Halloween will be 3 years since my "mass" was discovered. That is the beginning as far as I am concerned. I don't really know for sure what stage my cancer is, and I don't really care as long as it goes away and stays gone. This mid December, I find out if my treatment was successful for my 3rd cancer. For me, a successful treatment will be a dead tumor and no new disease.

Don M

It has been 11 months since I was diagnosed, 10 months since I found this site, 5 months since I completed treatments, 3 months since I was introduced to NED and almost 3 weeks since my last scans. It feels like one heck of a long roller coaster, but this is a great group of people to have along for the ride.

I don't post offten. Mostly because I have been very sick and have had no energy to be on the computer. I recently underwent more surgery not related to my lung surgery. It has been 5 months since they took out the tumor in my lung. So far so good in that respect. I think I will be having a CT in Dec. Right now I am back at work and taking care of my family. Right now I am being tested for MS (it runs in my family). I hope the CT comes back negitive, although it would explain alot.

This year has been kind of a nightmare for me and my family. Just one health crisis after another. I am hoping that I can end the year better than it started. I want to be strong again. I work at it hard every day. Some days are better than others, but I do the best I can.

I did not mean to get wordy I guess I had alot to say and no where to say it.

dani

Thank you Don....

I think the most overwhelming thing for me is they have had no answers for me. Even if it did come back positive, ther would be a course of action and I could move on and deal with it. Right now it is like shooting in the dark they don't have answers. It puts your whole life on hold, because you are sick all the time.

I know there is a reason I am being put through all of this. There must be somthing I needed to learn or need to learn yet. I just want it all to be over.

Still trying to keep positive about everything.

dani

Hi Dani,

I'm sorry that your having to go through so much all at one time. It just seems to go that way sometimes for some people. I totally can relate. :roll::x:roll:

If you ever need a place to be wordy or just want to cry your heart out, I hope you know that this is the place to do that, and that's what we are here for. Each and everyone of us has been in your shoes in some way or another, Sometimes it's just nice to know you have a place to go kick those shoes off and let it all out when you need to.

I hope your tests come back negative and I hope you'll be feeling better soon. I'm not sure what your Porfile is on your cancer, but if you have minute and a little extra energy, maybe you can fill out your PROFILE for us, so we can better help you and better understand your situation. If your not sure how, just holler and we'll walk you though it.

God Bless and I hope you'll stay with us.

• 2 months later...

I was looking through all the posts from our LC Survivor Friends. In doing so, I noticed it's been a long time since we heard from many of you. If you post often or if you don't would you please drop a check in note and let us know how your doing?

Here are a few we haven't heard from or seen lately.

Sharonjo, Karen335, Alisa, Lilly (ursol), Dani, Ralph, Mary (Marym),Bluemax14, etc, etc,

Hey Con...just thought I would check in again....It was 17 month surviving the last time I posted ...now coming up on 2 and a half years...Thank you Jesus...

Love hearing from the survivors...keep pushing them Connie..I know we have a whole lot more and it is such an inspiration knowing 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 etc etc survivor's...Keep em coming...Pams.

Just thought I'd check in. Have not posted in a long time. Did post to this thread in April last year, I was just starting then. It make one year this month and I am still kicking and hope to be for a longtime. I have been in chats on Tuesdays and read a lot. I was encouraged by this thread back in April and it encourages others.

Pam, Your right, we DO have a LOT of LC Survivors on this board, and it's SOOOO NICE to hear from them and by doing so they offer HOPE to so many others. I hope more of the LC Survivors will do a check in. :wink:

Roger, How nice to hear from you. HOORAY ON ONE YEAR!!! :wink: So glad to see your doing well and thanks SO MUCH for checking in with us. It really is Encouraging to others to see so many LC Survivors post on this board and on this thread. Keep on Kicking my friend. (((ROGER)))

I really thought that I would be over the moon by making 20 years. Everyone else was excited and we had a lovely family get together but I felt a bit let down. Maybe I have to set a goal like living to be a hundred like I just read from another survivor on this forum.

LL and 4 lymph nodes removed in Feb 87 and sent off home.

RL collapsed June 2002. Got pains in legs and lumps in neck in June 2004, never suspected that the big C could be back. Exact same type of cancer as 17 years ago.

5 rounds Cisplatin/Taxol. Tumor had shrunk somewhat and further chemo was not recomended.Just went home. No more scans, no more XRays. Still going strong. Max

PS: Can you believe that just days before making the 20 years I was nearly hit by a bus. What a story that would have made.

Hey Maxwell,

20 Years??? Your a 20 Year Lung Cancer Survivor? :D:D:D:D My Hero!!! I know of four others that are 20 years and over lc survivors! Way to GO! :wink::wink:

I know what you can do, Hope for another 20 years! :wink: And stay the heck away from buses. There BIG and that could really hurt a LOT! :P:wink:

Congratulations on 20 Wonderful Years! AWESOME!