Scan results - POST HERE!

CindyA

Have you received a scan lately? Pleas share your results with us. We want to know how all of our friends are doing.

As for me, I got word from my friend that her CT scans showed she is stable today! YAY!

post-55043-141270980292_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Had scan done the other day,earlier because of back and rib pain...all ok but concern of very enlarged lymph nodes near broncial,outside of where tumor was removed in May,was stage two due to one of seven lymph node was positive ...I am so worried what this means as I just had surgery and chemo to clean up what's have been left does it mean the chemo didn't do what they thought ? I am terrified as to what happens.biopsy will be done with scope down throat next week...any thoughts,similar situation. So appreciated...

MM

• 5 months later...

Great news yesterday re: CT scan. Following a scare last month on my routine scan which showed that my lung had collapsed again (which bought me another bronchoscopy & biopsy, which were good), my scan done on Monday revealed absolutely no abnormalities plus my lung is almost entirely re-inflated! Three months of freedom!  Yay!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, it's been ages since I signed on posted here. We are aware how we treat scans, has been 8 years since I started this journey and still hanging in there. Last scan Was July 27th and result were stable, I praise the Lord every night for he holds my hand as I walk through life. I have been in chemo now over three years straight, but again I look at the other side. I want to thanks all those who were there for me from the start. Good luck to each and everyone who is walking our walk.

• 2 months later...

Greetings!

Going in this afternoon to get results of a scan performed on Monday. For some reason, the "scanziety" is worse than ever before. Just asking for fingers crossed & prayers! Thanks & God bless all of you who are walking this path and are so generous with sharing all your experiences & support!

Ruthie

• 3 weeks later...

Well, hell! My tall cotton got a little trampled upon last week. I had a folllowup appointment with the doc who performs my bronchoscopies and he saw an area on my scan that he was concerned about. He gave me the option of waiting the 3 months & see at that point what the CT scan looks like, or another lovely bronchoscopy & biopsy.

His recommendation was to go ahead with the biopsy so we know for sure if there is anything to worry about, so back on the rollercoaster! He wanted to do it yesterday, but I had a committment that I couldn't change, so will have the bronch on Tuesday & go back the following week for results.  So grateful to have a place to vent, glad you guys are here!

Ruthie

Ruthie,

Double-dog-dang!  I wouldn't want to wait 3 months either!  I can't tell you how many times we suffered from it's gone-to-it's back-to-it's gone again.  Once I remember we got a different diagnosis for three running months.  But, unfortunately, scanziety and uncertainty are part of our new normal.

So, first I pray it is an aberration, a false-positive, a inconsistent interpretation.  I'm sticking with that until I hear differently.

Do something fun this weekend!

Stay the course.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Hallelujah! Biopsy results back today and still NED!! No more scans until after the Holidays. They will be especially joyous this year because I can EAT! Santa may have to bring me a larger wardrobe.

Thanks be to God & thanks to all the good people in this community!

• 4 weeks later...

Got the results of my first post-treatment CT today. No evidence of cancer. Yeah! 

I think I amused my doctor because throughout this month I've been poking and prodding everything that's even a little bit sore. I circled all my spots with a Sharpie marker so they wouldn't be missed. 

Oncologist: I'm pretty certain the cancer hasn't spread to your hang nail. ;)

Anyway, I'm scheduled to follow-up with a CT scan in three months, and of course flush my port in-between, since he thinks I should keep it "indefinitely" until we decide otherwise. 

Meloni

Meloni!

My oh my - WONDERFUL - news!  We are livin' large in November and just keep that oncologist pointed at your hang nails.  Hold on for Scanziety CT scan but that is 3 months distant.  In the meantime, party!

Stay the course.

Tom

Susan!

An early Christmas present - clean scans and a NED report.  WONDERFUL!  Now enjoy Christmas, New Years and even paying the Christmas bills.  Make this year's holiday celebration really count.

I am THRILLED also.

Stay the course.

Tom

On 12/1/2016 at 6:19 PM, skmcornett said:

Another 90 days and another NED report from the oncologist!  I'm thrilled, thankful, overwhelmed - but mostly relieved.  Woo hoo!!!

Congratulations, Susan! I am so happy for you!

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

On 11/29/2016 at 8:30 PM, Meloni said:

Got the results of my first post-treatment CT today. No evidence of cancer. Yeah! 

I think I amused my doctor because throughout this month I've been poking and prodding everything that's even a little bit sore. I circled all my spots with a Sharpie marker so they wouldn't be missed. 

Oncologist: I'm pretty certain the cancer hasn't spread to your hang nail. ;)

Anyway, I'm scheduled to follow-up with a CT scan in three months, and of course flush my port in-between, since he thinks I should keep it "indefinitely" until we decide otherwise. 

Meloni

That's wonderful news, Meloni! I'm so happy to hear it!

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

• 1 month later...

Hello Peeps!

I had my first post-NED CT in Nov, which came back good. I was scheduled for my next CT in mid Feb, but last Thur while cooking dinner, I discovered an enlarged node near my right collarbone. A quick search told me this was likely a supraclavicular lymph node. (FYI-no I was not specifically checking out my lymph nodes, it was an accidental discovery, lol). 

Oncologist bumped my CT from mid-Feb to Monday (yesterday), and when I met with him for the results yesterday afternoon, he recommended a fine needle aspiration biopsy, which will occur tomorrow. If that's positive, I'll need another PET to see whether there's anything growing elsewhere, and if it's negative, they will monitor closely, because a negative doesn't necessarily mean no cancer.  

Mel