Calling all Caregivers

I was in contact with a caregiver last night by email. She told me that she had been feeling so depressed and was concerned about posting in this thread because she doesn't want to depress anyone else. I wish so much that she would come and vent her feelings with us all. It's so important to be able to have others who truly "understand". I can speak from my own personal experience when I say how important it is to have someone who can listen and offer support. The members here at Lungevity truly saved me. I was in a very dark place and these members were always willing to offer their support.

Being a caregiver for my husband was the hardest experience I ever had and if I hadn't been able to talk about my feelings I don't know what would have happened to me.

So, I'm saying to her as well as all the caregivers out there that you aren't alone. Please come and talk to us. Keeping everything inside is not a good thing to do. You must take care of yourself in order to take care of your loved one. Talk to me.......talk to us! ((hugs))