starting chemo

wilsonma99

I begin with Carboplatin, alimta, and Avastin one time per week every 3 weeks. Dr put me on folic acid and a steroid taken day before chem for 3days. What are typical things to expect... I heard the nausea comes one to 3 days later? Any tiips, recommendations are welcome.

• 10 months later...

My chemo combo was somewhat different from yours, I had carbo/taxol. I also was given medication for nausea but never had to take it, the only thing I noticed was feeling as though I had been hit by a mac truck the day after. (body aches) I was also on dexamethasone the day before and after chemo this helped keep energy levels up so I could still function. Not sure if your combo would require the same, I do know that each cancer is treated differently so best of luck to you.

• 2 weeks later...

you might get anti naseau meds and possibly some steroids to help with enerrgy level.... in addition to your chemo.. been way too long since dealing with chemo so can not really advise right now on side effects though..keep lots of high protein snack foods on hand for any time munchies.. cheese and crackers are also good  snackables.. fresh fruit and smoothies are also good.. add a little protein powder also does not hurt.. let your onc know of any adn all meds of course including aspirin and any kind of supplements or vitamins you take !!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.