Post lobectomy pain management?

10drum

Greetings all,

I had my right upper lobe removed at MD Anderson in June of last year, everything went well. It was stage 1 and I have the 70% survival rate. I was extremely scared before surgery because I had my prostate removed in April of 2013 and that recovery was a lot worse than I imagined. Anyway, for the lobectomy they used a pain management that numbed my entire chest cavity for like 3 or 4 days, they did not give me any pain medication until the 4th day and that was hydrocodone and I used it for 2 weeks post surgery, I didn't really need it I just liked it. They told me what it was then but I don't remember, and I'd like to know, does anyone here know? Thanks for all replies.

glad you got the answer!! have no experience personally with surgery so could not know that!!!  How are YOU doing now???

Randy, Thanks for asking. I'm doing ok. I have been having some pain and numbness in my arms when i sleep after I wired my daughter's house back in Nov. I probably worked too hard for only 4 month post surgery. I was wondering if perhaps the exparel contributed to it. i called MD Anderson and ask and they said probably not, and suggested I see a neurologist, which I will. Other than that i'm ok, but but as any person who has or had cancer more than once, your first thought when something doesn't seem right is, what's next?

• 11 months later...

My husband had left lung lobectomy which afterwards so many complications can't clear up cellulitis to begin chemo. The drain tube area is causing cellulitis

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.