New Member Introduction

CIndy0121

Hello. My name is Cindy, and my lung cancer story is not who I am, so I will share that in the appropriate forum. I am 63 years old and live with my husband in Massachusetts. We are both retired. He has grown children in MD and two young lady granddaughters from his first marriage. This is my only marriage in 2002 at age 50. I retired in June 2010 after 35 years as a public high school guidance counselor, so I had hundreds of "kids" over the span of my career, many of whom I am still in contact with to this day, sharing in the joys of their graduations, weddings, children, careers, etc. I am the next to youngest of 6 children, and my 5 siblings and my husband are the framework of my support system. I struggle with being realistic with them; I do not anyone to worry, but I do not want to mislead anyone either. I tend to share all the good news and positive experiences of this journey and find the balance of perspective that is going to be the best for me going forward. post-11495-0-55821200-1427297188_thumb.j

Hello Cindy.   I was born and raised in Boston.  My family all live in Massachusetts .  Boy on top of all the snow you had this to deal with too!

I retired last summer from a career in Nursing.  I was never able to have children so I did all my care giving to my patients

When you post again I hope you tell us how you are doing, what kind of lung cancer you have  and what treatment you are getting.

There are a lot of great hospitals , doctors and clinics in your state.

Keep us posted.

Donna G

Hi Cindy

I have never been to MA but hope to visit there someday, especially in the Fall.

I can really relate to what you wrote about deciding how much to share with friends & family. I had a difficult time letting some of my friends see I was hurting at times. I was always known as 'the strong one' in my circle of friends. It was hard for me to let them see I had days that I was most definitely not feeling strong!

I have a couple of friends who are guidance counsellors. I am always amazed at their wisdom and the way they connect with their students.

Blessings,

Rose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Cindy, what a cool name!  :) Welcome to the LUNGevity Lung Cancer Support Community. 

My mother is an AP and I am sure ready for her to retire. It's so nice to read that you are still connected to your "kids" and enjoying their journeys as well. 

If you ever have any questions. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me. calmendarez@lungevity.org. 

Wishing you strength and healing.