Hi bone scan and low wbc question...

kathmy

Hi all, have a question that I can't find an answer to...my mom has what we are hoping is limited sclc. So far has done three rounds of cis and etopside ...we haven't done her bone scan because she was too sick to make the three appts we had and our dr did not want to wait to start treatment...my problem is is her wbc is 2600 and we are scheduled to do the scan on Thursday....is it dangerous to get the dye shot into her with low counts? Dr says no...tech isn't so sure.... I hate that I can never get a straight answer...any experience with this? Thanks for being there....Kathy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Helllo. As far as I know the low WBC affects you by decreasing your ability to fight off infections. 

I would not think the dye itself would be a problem .

Donna  G

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Katie, her counts go up and down with shots....today she had another blood test and the numbers were borderline...wbc 4200, neutrophils 1400, hct 28, rbc 2,9 so I'm worried that they will tell me to give her both eprex and neupogen shots which we haven't done as yet and I don't know if the one will make the other side effects worse. We are very happy that the bone scan was clean and that the tumors are shrinking but the side effects are just so had for her. She asks me everyday if it's worth it and I smile and say yes and then go home and cry and wonder....hate this disease...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk