Poorly differentiated but slow growing lung adenocarcinoma?!

thedude77

Hi, 2 months ago my dad was diagnosed with T3N1 lung adenocarcinoma, he was told by one of the top oncologists that his specific type of adenocarcinoma (because of the directions it grows, horizontally or something like that) has been growing in him for at least 10 years.... yesterday we got the  bronchoscopy results and it said that the cells are larger and have a poorer differentiation and were ck7 postivie and ck20 ck5/6 negative.... 

he received carbo paclitaxel chemo for 2 times but it didnt work and the tumor showed discreet progression..

So i read that poor differentiation means the tumor is very agressive but they told us he has the tumor for almost 10 years, so how is this possible?  

He is going to MD Anderson for better diagnostics and treatment soon but could someone help me interpret these contradictions while we wait the appointment?

Welcome here.

Your dad is going to the right place - MD Anderson.  I certainly can't interpret the bronchoscopy (and biopsy) findings but I'm the doctors at MD Anderson can and will.

Take time to read into information about cancer care givers and pass it along to other family members.  Here is some information you might find helpful - www.lungevity.org/caregivers

Stay the course.

Tom