Keytruda

Heyygirl

So the doc says it wasn't the Keytruda that was harsh....it was the bone hardener.....forget what that is called. Good a Claritin and pain has improved.

Keep us posted. My mom has had phenomenal results on a sister drug to Keytruda. She is on a clinical trial for Avelumab.

One thing I will suggest right at the outset: make sure your Onc is monitoring your adrenal and thyroid functions. The two are interrelated. Technically, the drug can "rarely" cause impairment of the adrenal or thyroid glands. While this was classified as rare during earlier clinical trials, I am seeing and hearing it more and more often in stories from patients. Adrenal insufficiency and hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism are all treatable and correctible with medication, not really a big deal, but it must be monitored so it can be caught. My mom's adrenal impairment went unnoticed until her energy level and appetite dropped dangerously low. Now, it has all been corrected by steroids. Again: rare, not a big deal, but could become a big deal if not caught.

Let us know how Keytruda works for you! Sending all best wishes! <3

Thank you for the info. and suggestions. I've had a life of thyroid and adrenal issues so will keep my eye on that. Had most of my thyroid removed years ago and spent several years on steroids for adrenal insufficiency.

It's been one week. No notable changes. In fact, new pain in a different rib. Next infusion is in 2 weeks. Thank you both for your support.

• 7 months later...

Keytruda any difference in being better absorbed 1. from IV to 2. injection ?? My daughter has had both adrenals removed due to Cushings 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.