Medical Marijuana question

dkinaz1

I have stage 4 Lung Cancer and also some bone cancer.  My Chemo and Immunology therapies didn't do any good.  Cancer is still growing.  I am now on a targeted therapy as a last resort, however the side effects are terrible.  Nausea, vomiting,  and pain are hard to deal with.  My Oncologist recommended medical marijuana to help with the side effects.  I live in Arizona where it is legal and just received my medical marijuana card.  My question is what strains or kinds of marijuana would help me.  Of course, I can't smoke it, so it would have to be in some other form. 

I myself have not experienced it but I do hear many good things about medical marijuana being very helpful in dealing with the side effects related to cancer.  If you visit one of the dispensories in your area they can show you options for edible types you might be about to use such as brownies etc.  Please let us know if you decide to try something and how it works for you.

I tried it and it seems to be working quite well.  I am using about 5 or 6 drops of 250mg in a 1 oz eye dropper every 4 or 5 hours or so..  This is a very low dose as you get about 600 drops per oz. The drops seem to have increased my appetite and decreased my nausea.  It has also helped with pain.

• 1 month later...

Hi DK, 

Im also in AZ - my Dad was diagnosed with Stage IV NSCLC about a year and a half ago. I've been wanting him to try medical marijuana if it helps with side effects. Can you tell me which strain of cannibis and dispensary you use?

thanks!