Hoping for more time

madam x

My husband was diagnosed just a couple of months ago with lung cancer and has a couple of spots on his bones and also on the brain. He is just finishing radiation

treatments  for the few spots on the brain and will start chemo again as he only had 1  chemo before the CT scan showed the spots on the brain. He was a healthy 82 year old man or so we thought and this came on so fast. I am trying so hard to be strong for him and of course be strong myself. So hard. We have been married 63 years in Nov. Been through a lot I had stg 4 ovarian cancer myself 20 years ago and got through it and am still here I can be strong and supportive but I feel the need to talk to others possibly. Can any of you maybe help?Need the support so I can help him. Appreciate any help and advice . This diagnosis has taken the wind from my sails so to speak. Just all so new to us. Thank you so much...appreciate.

Madam, I know the feeling. I am sitting with my husband now in our den because he has trouble breathing and he told me he was scared. He won't sleep in the bed because it's too hard to breathe. He sleeps off and on at times. It's a good thing that I don't require much sleep. There just comes a time when you can just be there with him and that's all you can do. Take care. Beth

Madam,

From your description, your husband has a serious case.  You asked if anyone here can help and indicated that you feel the need to speak with someone.  At Lungevity, we have a LifeLine program that can put you in telephone contact with a caregiver like yourself who has experienced similar circumstances.  Here is the information about LifeLine and a contact form to complete to get started with our program - https://www.lungevity.org/support-survivorship/get-connected/lungevity-lifeline

In the mean time we have a section of our forum titled Caregiver Resource Center.  It has more than 30,000 posts and you might skim through these to glean helpful information that may be of use to you.

Stay the course.

Tom

11 hours ago, Beth said:

Madam, I know the feeling. I am sitting with my husband now in our den because he has trouble breathing and he told me he was scared. He won't sleep in the bed because it's too hard to breathe. He sleeps off and on at times. It's a good thing that I don't require much sleep. There just comes a time when you can just be there with him and that's all you can do. Take care. Beth

Hi Beth, same here kiddo. So hard.  Don't mean to whine. Thank you so much for your reply. Just feel so lost here. Sleep?  Another story for sure. You take care as well.        Jan

2 hours ago, Tom Galli said:

Madam,

From your description, your husband has a serious case.  You asked if anyone here can help and indicated that you feel the need to speak with someone.  At Lungevity, we have a LifeLine program that can put you in telephone contact with a caregiver like yourself who has experienced similar circumstances.  Here is the information about LifeLine and a contact form to complete to get started with our program - https://www.lungevity.org/support-survivorship/get-connected/lungevity-lifeline

In the mean time we have a section of our forum titled Caregiver Resource Center.  It has more than 30,000 posts and you might skim through these to glean helpful information that may be of use to you.

Stay the course.

Tom

1 hour ago, michellep said:

My heart breaks for you Jan!  Please look into the lifeline partner program.  I wish it had been available for me when I was taking care of my husband.  If you ever need to talk or ask questions we are here for you also ((hugs))

• 2 weeks later...

Jan.

So sorry to hear about the situation with your husband. Being married 63 years is incredible, as is being a stage 4 ovarian cancer survivor.

Chatting on this forum has helped me cope with the situation with my mother who was recently diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer. People here are experienced and supportive.

Is he being treated at a dedicated cancer facility? A candidate for any clinical trials?

God Bless.