Lung Cancer Awareness Month

Susan Cornett

Good morning!  As many of you know, November is lung cancer awareness month.  It comes on the heels of pink October and the popular fight for breast cancer.  Thanks to Lungevity, I have some statistics and flyers that I'm providing this month.  I'm also sharing stats each day on my Facebook, Instagram and Twitter account.  I might have accosted a stranger or two in the elevator or Starbucks line.  My friends may go for a restraining order by the end of the month, but I firmly believe that God brought me this far to be an advocate for those who have gone before me.

If you have any media or celebrity contacts, reach out to them.  We need to open eyes to the fact that lung cancer is EVERYONE'S concern and needs funding and research.  

Thanks to all of you who have read my posts, shared your stories and helped me walk through this minefield of a cancer diagnosis.  Without this forum, I don't know where I'd be today.  I pray for all of us every day.

Hi, Susan,

Thank you for being an incredible advocate! The theme of Lung Cancer Awareness Month is #changelc and we're sharing stories all month long of people like you. We want to hear from survivors/patients, caregivers, and advocates how and why they want to change lung cancer. We want to end the stigma by changing the face of lung cancer. We want to spread the word that anyone can get lung cancer and no one deserves lung cancer. In addition to advocacy, we'll be launching the new Lung Cancer Navigator mobile app, partnerships, and research funding opportunities that will transform how people live with lung cancer.

And if you do get restrained, I promise to bail you out :)

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation