I had never experienced anyone personally having cancer until my mom.  To watch her rapid change in a year was very shocking for us all.  Although, her cancer did go into remission, the damage from the chemo had done a toll on her body. I would share encouraging words to my mom during the process.  "You are stronger than you know strength to be." She would smile and say "Thank you."  Out of the whole family, I was the most calm throughout this experience.  And I often wondered why?  I know now that is was the faith that I stood on and I knew that one day she would be pain free.  Her last few words to me was to keep going. I was there with my mom in her last conscious moments before the dilaudid was given and that's something I will never forget.  She went right to sleep.. When my mom transitioned, I spoke at her memorial service and I encouraged everyone there to smile knowing that there's a new cheerleader on your side!  

I want to encourage everyone with that.  Anyone who has loss a loved one...you have a new cheerleader/fan on your side. Constantly cheering you on.  We cannot see them physically, but we can sure feel them energetically!

Encourage someone today!  http://tiny.cc/sharemylove

Tybris, I'm so sorry for your loss.  Cancer is a nasty disease and it takes our loved ones too soon.  You were obviously a source of light and strength to your mom, and I'm sure that gave your mom comfort.  Bless you. 

Tybris,

Thank you for sharing your story. I have no doubt that your positive energy made a tremendous difference for your mom and that you will continue to make a positive impact on the lives of many, many others.

With gratitude,

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation