Stage IV Adenocarcimona in both lungs and Myelofibrosis

Hopeful,

Welcome here!

I understand you are diagnosed with Stage IV adenocarcinoma in both lungs and additionally Myelofibrosis and asking what medical speciality is best to treat both problems. I believe a medical oncologist that also specializes in hematology. 

This is a common pairing in the oncology field. How were you diagnosed?

Stay the course.

Tom

It is my dad.  Currently Age 71,  he had small pallet cancer in 2004 squamous cell and that's is when they found the polycythemia which is now mylyfibrosis which he is taking jackofi.  He had 6 weeks in radiation and did great in 2004. In December 2016,  he began a persistent cough which he could not get rid of.  After 2 rounds of antibiotics his primary physician order a Ct scan where it should a large left lung mass with several other modules in the right lung.  After a needle biology,  they confirmed adenocarcinoma in both lungs.  We are currently awaiting results from Foundation One to see what next steps to take.  All other Ct scans and pet scans were clear.  Any suggestions?

• 7 months later...

Hi, Mohan,

Welcome to LCSC. I am sorry to hear about your father's diagnosis. This members on this site are survivors (many long-term) and caregivers with a wealth of experience navigating a lung cancer diagnosis. They can provide encouragement and share their experience and in some cases, advice.

If you post in the Introduce Yourself forum, more members are likely to see it and respond. Here is a link: http://forums.lungevity.org/forum/3-introduce-yourself/

Please let me know if you have any questions about this online community. I am also happy to provide more information for you about LUNGevity's support programs and resources. We are here for you!

With gratitude,

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation