Hi

I lost my daddy to small cell lung cancer a year ago.  I just want to see if there were others out there who have either lost someone from this cancer or a survivor.  I am a breast cancer survivor .

thanks

Julie

Hi, Julie,

Welcome to LCSC. I am very sorry for your loss. Lung cancer is a terrible disease. I will reach out to our support team to see if we can connect you another former caregiver.

With gratitude,

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

My daddy was diagnosed with small cell and had a ct of his head and his cancer has spread to his brain. He was given 2 to 3 weeks to live.  We had him 3 months but he was so sick with radiation and chemo. He never had one symptom.  He was going to back surgery and had a lung X-ray, and it went from there.  He told us please make sure you ask for a chest X-ray and he hoped that they would be covered by insurance as preventive.  He helped me through my breast cancer I had a double mastectomy. When he was sick I told him I felt guilty that In could have surgery to remove my cancer and he could not.  He was not afraid to die he said , he said when I cross over I will be well.  On the day he died we as a family where in a prayer circle and my brother read aloud psalm 23 , daddy favorite scripture.  On the last word of the scripture he left this world.