Thank You for the Support/Coping with Loss

Good morning everyone,

I have only written a couple times in this forum, but I have to express how deeply grateful I am for this resource. My dad passed away last Wednesday and I don't want this to worry anyone or bring anyone else's positive thinking down, but I just had to express that gratitude. Fighting cancer is so difficult. It's not a battle anyone has chosen and fight/battle seems like an inconsiderate way to describe it, because so much of the outcome is out of our control and those who lose the battle are not weak and did not choose to go. My dad was originally given 5 months to live and he lived 15. He was determined to hold on. As my sister and I process this grief and nurture the emptiness we are feeling, I can't help but feel like an entire village of people helped me through and this resource is part of that. I don't know what life holds for me, but I am constantly reminded how kind and beautiful human beings can be. Thank you all for everything. My life has fundamentally changed from the passing of my dad, but I will look at him with fond memories and celebrate him by being kind, determined and empathetic to every soul I meet.

So much love to you all. Holding all of you in the light.

Lily

Im so sorry for your loss

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Lily,

I am so very sorry for your loss. The way you described how you will carry on your dad's memory is beautiful. The world can always use more kindness! I am very glad that you were able to make connections and find some support and solace in this community. We continue to be here for you, and we are just as grateful for you.

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

• 2 years later...

I my father is currently in the ICU, we can’t see him because of COVID. He was diagnosed 2 months ago and it’s stage 4 nsclc adenocarcinoma. He was given potentially 2 years. It’s been 2 months and I don’t think we will ever see him again. He has two infections and a broken hip and currently is intubated. I’m 32 years old. My dad has always been my closest family member, best friend, biggest supporter and protector. Where do I begin facing life without him?

Hello Mickson. I'm really sorry to hear about your father's multiple medical problems. This is a terrible time for someone to be hospitalized and without family support. You are facing a big loss and I can only hope that the loss will  be temporary and you'll see him again.  Cancer is terrible and cancer in the time of coronavirus is worse. Hang in there. I' be thinking of you.

Bridget O

• 4 weeks later...

I  am also so sorry for your loss.  May the Lord comfort you and bring you peace.

I lost my husband to lung cancer but he will always be with me in my heart.

Donna G

I'm so sorry for your loss, Lily.  You are, of course, always welcome to keep posting here and we have a Legacy Facebook Group as well if you would like to connect with others who have lost loved ones to lung cancer.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/legacysupport/

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Archived