Future scans

Mally

Ive recently had ct scans done and no sign of cancer which im totally thrilled about but im scheduled for my next scan in 6 months time but just wondering if you all wait 6 months for your next recurrence scan after getting the all clear ?

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Hey!  Mally's got a NED scan!  Celebration time, do the dance. 

So your are on the 6 month scan program. Good for you. I can recall every other month scan frequencies. Still, that is future stuff. Celebrate now. 

Stay the course. 

Tom

Congratulations Mally!
Have no idea. Oncologist did pelvic and abdominal scan before chemo. Nothing there. Yay! At one time said scan in the middle of chemo and now talking scan at the end. I really think they reevaluate and make decisions based on what they're seeing as treatment progresses. Sounds like yours thinks you're doing pretty good.
Just M.

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using Tapatalk

Mally, my last scans we're 6 months apart however the most recent scan showed a new area of concern so I am back to every 3 months for now. I had been NED for 26 months on a targeted therapy drug, that is the reason my doc extended the time between scans. I think maybe 6 months might have been a little too far apart. I am only speaking from my own experience and I know insurance dictates the number and frequency of scans allowed.

When i was first diagnosed they said it was at a curable stage and then the results after surgery showed clear borders but some lymph nodes showed positive so then chemo followed so im thinking because i was clear in my ct scans from neck to pelvis that there was no new growths from the lymph nodes but like everyone its an anxious time till next scan

Mally,

Right! Anxious time to next scan. 

Remember, lung cancer is persistent so keep your game face on. The 6 month scan interval is a good sign but it is just a sign. 

Most important is to be doing something you enjoy while surfing your NED. You got the promise of treatment -- extra life. Now have fun!

Stay the course. 

Tom

8 hours ago, Mally said:

When i was first diagnosed they said it was at a curable stage and then the results after surgery showed clear borders but some lymph nodes showed positive so then chemo followed so im thinking because i was clear in my ct scans from neck to pelvis that there was no new growths from the lymph nodes but like everyone its an anxious time till next scan

I totally understand how you feel. Once you get a cancer diagnosis of any kind it changes you. I am so happy to know you are doing so well and caught it early which is so important for our survival.