lung transplant

Sd79

First of all, hello everyone,
Due to what some doctors just told us, we are currently looking for a double lung transplant because of the deterioration of the condition of left lung after a recent right pneumonectomy for non small cell lung cancer (male patient under 40 years old, non smoker).
Health insurance is not a problem and we are ready to move close to the lung transplant center as long as needed and also ready to apply for a clinical trial if it exists.
So,  please can somebody here give me names of praticians or lung transplantation centers in favor of this particular treatment   so that our oncologist could refer us.
Sincerely
Sandrine

Sandrine,

Recommending or endorsing specific health care providers is something we do not do on this forum. But, you can Google "US Hospitals Specialize Lung Transplant" and read the results. I'd start with websites that are not hospitals like, for example US News "Best Hospitals for Pulmonology" and Becker's Hospital Review.

I hope this search approach gives you ideas to consider.

Stay the course.

Tom

Thanks Tom for your answer.

Finally back to the usual Clinic following him. Pneumonia (symptoms began only a few days ago)  and cancer in the remaining lung after recent pneumonectomy.

These Doctors talk about a surgical resection.

I must admit I worry a lot because it is in the  left lung that has only 2 lobs.

Sandrine

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.