Updating

Judy M.

Saw Radiology Oncologist for follow up yesterday. Got specifics on my S.B.R.T. Am writing this because my treatment plan has been rather unique. Hoping if it works out it will help someone down the road. Tom suggested a blog, but have no idea how to do that. So here is what I've done on advice of Med. Oncologist: Had 5 fractions of 1000-1500 centigrays each on all three of my lung tumors at twice a week over 21/2 weeks for a total of 4500-5000 centigrays. S.B.R.T. is normally done daily or every other day. I'm thinking they gave me a couple of days between because of Rad. On. concern about toxicity since I had received the standard radiation treatment of 33 fractions for another cancer less than a year earlier. Physicist assured me the fractions were too high for the cancer to develop resistance in that length of time. Have had no adverse reactions from the S.B.R.T. Now having Cisplatin/Alimta chemo every 3 weeks for 4 rounds. Just completed 2nd round. The difference in my treatment is that I was diagnosed with stage IV because of tumors in both lungs. That would normally mean 1st line chemo. Med. On. gave me the choice to try this for a cure and I took it. We will see when scans come up how it works out. Reason for the option was scans showed no spread of cancer outside my lungs.

On another note ( and this one is a bit embarrassing) have had constant battle with constipation for years and normally take full dose of Miralax daily. The chemo seems to have made this an even greater problem. Was told I could take Sennekot besides the Miralax. No good. Didn't work. Ask for help and Oncology nurse told me to try Prunelax. Had never heard of it, but it works. Hope this helps someone else. Enough misery with cancer treatment for us all without having to deal with this one.

Judy M

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using Tapatalk

Don't know how I ended up getting this in the small cell group, but proves I shouldn't try a blog. My cancer is actually NSCLC, adenocarcinoma. Maybe a smarter person can move it to the right group for me ( I hope).
Judy M

And take the Miralax and Prunelax both when I need to. Not just one. Miralax morning, Prunelax evening.

Judy,

Here is how you blog on this forum.

On the LUNGevity forum main page, there are 3 top line tabs: Browse -- Activity -- Go to LUNGevity home page.  The default tab is Browse.  Notice that below the top line of tabs is Forums -- Gallery -- Blogs -- Calendar -- Staff -- Online Users.  Choose Blogs.  On the upper right side of the page, there is Create a new blog.  Click on that.

A new Create a blog page opens.  

Name - I suggest you type Stage IV Treatment With SBRT. Or you could title it something catchy like Two Tumors Fried By SBRT!  My blog is titled Stay the Course.  

For Description - I suggest you type "A blog by Judy M." (quotes indicate what you should type.)  Then click Continue in the lower right side of the page. That creates your blog.

Then select Add Blog Entry.

A new page called Create Blog Entry opens.

Title: "My Stage IV SBRT Treatment Experience" (again quotes indicate suggested title - you don't need to put quotes in your title).

Tags:  These are very important and become pointers for anyone searching for information on a particular subject.  Each tag is one or two relevant words that describe your blog.  I suggest (again quotes are suggested entries - you don't need to type quotes in the tags) "new SBRT Stage IV treatment", (a comma captures the tag) "lung cancer radiation", "lung cancer and SBRT radiation", (the tags all print out in lower case).

Content: I'd start with explaining your diagnosed condition (your first post) and your radio oncologist idea to treat your Stage IV tumors (one in each lung) with SBRT.  Mine this information from your previous posts. Then I'd copy your very good explanation of your treatment from the post above and include it in your blog.

Click on Submit Entry on the bottom of the page.  Now your very precise description of your unique treatment method is available for all to review and folks now have the information to ask about SBRT treatment for multiple tumors if their diagnosis is similar to yours.

Stay the course.

Tom

Tom
Just don't see the things you directed me to either on my Tapatalk app or when I go online to the Lungevity site. But I did find a place to submit my story and ask for help getting a blog started. So maybe that will work out. Thank you for listening and for all that you do to help us all.

• 2 weeks later...

Judy - Thanks for the info regarding thr anti-constipation med. I am sure that many of our peers will be happy for the info!

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk