Just told I had a 1 cm spot on my lung

Pearl

Pearl,

I am so very sorry you hare having to go thru all of this. My suggestion is to tell your husband how you feel when he isn't supporting you the way you need him to.  Whatever his reason for responding to you the way he does, he needs to know how you feel about it.  Many of us don't know how to respond and shut down at the thought of losing someone we love.  I am not making excuses for him, but this may be the way he is currently dealing with your situation.

Best of luck at your doctor's appointment today.

Ok so I went to cancer center yesterday to see Oncologists they will be calling me Monday to set up Pet test and needle biopsy from there they will decide what to do or not due next I guess all this waiting is driving me insane not knowing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pearl,

I know the waiting is maddening.  The only thing worse than waiting is not knowing.  I've been there; every lung cancer patient has been there.  Hang in there. Your worrying and anxiety will not change the result.  We'll deal with the outcomes when we know the outcomes.  Till then, find something in your day to enjoy....

Stay the course.

Tom 

Thanks Tom,
They set the needle biopsy for the 26th at 6:30 I have been trying to keep my mind busy staying busy is not a problem keeping my mind busy is tough so I have started playing mind games so I don't stress as much I know that as each day passes getting closer to the biopsy I stress about what it's which is something I've never worried about until now I always thought what it's only slowed your life down but now I do a lot of what it's in my head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm generally an anxious person anyway so I'd be super-crazy waiting for next steps.  In fact, when I had my biopsy in 2015, it took almost 2 weeks to get the results (that were wrong anyway) and I was a basket case.  But once the decision was made to remove the mystery mass, the thoracic surgeon got things going quickly, with surgery scheduled less than 2 weeks after my first appointment.  I was discharged from the hospital on February 27th and started treatment by March 19th.  

Obviously this has to be your decision, but if the NP can get the ball rolling, it might give you some peace.

Hey, Pearl,

Sending you good thoughts/vibes/positive energy this morning as you go for your biopsy.  I hope you get good news, and that even if it turns out not to be as good as you hoped, that you will get a plan to deal with this in place.  I'm so glad you went ahead and got everything going.  When I had my surgery on the 10th, I learned that the tumor had actually grown in the time since my PET scan a couple of weeks before.  Not enough so it really changed anything for me, but still--it pays to get moving on this stuff in as timely a fashion as you can.

I hope your husband is more supportive to you, but even if he's not, we all have your back, here.  Please keep us posted.

GOOD LUCK TODAY!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Pearl,

We're thinking of you and hoping you have some answers! Please post an update when you can.

With gratitude,

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation