Small cell

Michele

Michele,

Last night brought us both about 8 hours of solid sleep. Our consult with our family Dr was an answer to a prayer. He took him off Norco which was doing nothing. Gave him Ibuprofen 800 2x a day with the gabapentin. he gave us Hydrocortisone 2.5% and told us to keep also using the Lidocaine. He also told me not to use the prescribed ER drugs for constipation because both are harsh and result in pushing which we do not need. Lee's problem has been chronic diarrhea since end of March not constipation. The chemo & that caused the fissure. His pain level today maxed out at around a 3 and day 2 of chemo. Tomorrow brings end of round 3 BUT they need to put a port in.

How are things going for you both??

Peg

Peg That is great that u both finally got some sleep.I hope his cycle of chem goes smoothly.rogers got delayed for week. Today is our anniversary( 28) and I made a roast instead of going out.what state do u guys live in. If I can ask? Rogers doctor just ordered meralax and a stool softener then after he ordered it which we didn't get yet( mail ) he went phew. I don't know if I mentioned but my brother is dying I guess of stage 4 non small cell Aden  he just told us don't get constipated its very painful rocks phew! I worry on all ends for everybody. Prayers michele

Hey Michele, Finally have a small window to slow down and try and catch up. we never get that peaceful weekend because they just have to visit. This last Monday was the last straw. I am done being nice to his family. They showed up 1 hr early and I was not even dressed yet. Lee of course was ready. They do not get it at all. I blew up and they chalked it up to me being stressed. They were only to be here an hour. After an hour & 45 minutes I told them all to get out. I am done. I am no longer answering their calls or reporting in. Not my problem. They can call Lee and the chances of him having his phone on are slim to none. After they left I had to give him a breathing treatment and his pain level was at about 8 for the rest of the day. Not fair to him or me. One of his buddies stopped by yesterday and stayed over 2 hours. Way past his lunch time. After he left he asked me why I did not ask him to go earlier. Told him he had lips and since no one gets the clue from me it has to come from him.

It would be different if they came in to help with housework or meal prep. They do not understand that after they leave I have to disinfect everything. This cancer sucks and I watch Lee just exist. There is no quality of life. It hurts and you just do what you can to try and help them get the rest they need and be pain free.

Lee completed Round 3 last Friday. This week Tuesday he had a port put in which I am hoping will help. Today we went for a CT Scan to see what is actually happening with the tumors. Dr visit on Monday to discuss that one. I should be able to get the test results online before that. I am off to bed and hoping for a full night of sleep for both of us.

Take care.

Hugs & prayers, 

Peg

Peg I'm so sorry u had a rough weekend with his family. But u did the right thing! I pray his scan shows good results.I like to give u my phone number in private somehow so if u ever need to talk or anything just let me know. Hopefully u guys will have a peaceful weekend coming up. I will have u both in my prayers.  Sincerely Michele

Michele,

OBTW, you can private message using functions on this site.  Go to the envelope next to the bell icon at the top of the page. Select "Compose New" at the top right hand part of the window. Type the name of the person on the site you want to message, and type your subject and message in the annotated areas.

Stay the course.

Tom