Rash with Carbo + Pem

Julie in SoCal

Good morning, friends!

Last week I had my second round of Carboplatin and Pemetrexed and have had very predictable side effects (fatigue, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, mouth sores).  At the end of the first round I started to get small blister type sores on my arms and the back of my hands. The blisters would then pop and become crusty sores.  Gross, I know, but they take a long time to heal.   Other than being gross, and an ever present reminder of this "time of life" they're not a problem.  Should I be concerned?

Thanks!

Shalom,

Julie

Hey Julie,

I don't have a clue.  I burned up Google looking for skin blisters for your chemo drugs but didn't find anything.

I'd certainly let your medical oncologist know.  A fast route to the oncologist might be through your chemo nurse.

Stay the course.

Tom

Thanks, Tom!

I checked Google too and didn't see anything either.

I've talked to my chemo nurse (she's amazing!) and as long as there's no infection, there's no problem.  So no problem. And they are slowly healing.

Thanks again!

Julie

Julie,

Don't know if you know about chemocare.com but it's hosted by the Cleveland Clinic.  I've found it to be very useful.  Here's a link to their page on rashes: http://www.chemocare.com/chemotherapy/side-effects/skin-reactions.aspx

Glad that the onc RN says not to worry.  I'm currently dealing with a rash on my scalp following chemo and a shaved head.  What a mess....

Hi Susan,

Yes, Chemo Care is awesome!  I've used them for various questions I've had and it's been so helpful!  I posted here mostly because skin blisters wasn't listed in the side effect lists of Carbo-Pem and so I wondered if this was a "rare" one.  Who knows, eh?

Rashes are no fun!  Trust you've got a handle on yours.

Julie

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.