seen radiation oncologist

Jeannie55

Today i seen the radiologist oncologist after having the PET scan. it is stage 1V but until the biopsy still don't know what type every thing seems to be progressing slowly and i  am getting anxious.

Oncologist is stating that it is terminal it is just about quality of life doing treatments and wait to see if it returns somewhere else. He said the good outcome would be if it didn't return but if it did then the later time between it returning the better. I am going to do all i can to stay healthy eating healthy and continue doing the things i have always done and being as positive as possible.

Once i have the biopsy i see the chemo oncologist however radiation oncologist is ordering 5 treatments of radiation treatments 1 a day for 5 days.

Still not sure if i am posting this in the correct place.

Jeannie,

Don't worry about posting on a correct place.  We'll find you.

As I understand things, your doctors have confirmed you have Stage IV lung cancer, and in the United Stages, a Stage IV diagnosis normally rules out "curative" treatment (surgery and certain forms of focused radiation that work like surgery).  Our Stage IV standard of care is External Beam Radiation Therapy (SBRT) (I've linked it so your can read about it), and chemotherapy.  The type of chemotherapy depends on the type of lung cancer so the biopsy results will dictate the type of lung cancer.  But, no type identification is necessary to receive SBRT and it sounds like your doctor is starting radiation treatment right away.

The objective of all Stage IV treatment is to extend life.  No one knows how long the extension might be and in fact many in the LUNGevity community have experienced very long life extensions, even with though the disease is still present.  So there is hope that your treatment yields significant life extension.  

Unfortunately, there is no treatment for slow diagnostic and treatment progress and anxiety.  We all experience that and have a name for it: scanxiety.  It affected me so much, I wrote a book about it but I spelled it Scanziety.  Why the change in spelling?  Neither word was in the dictionary and as an engineer, I'm a horrible speller.  But regardless of spelling, the symptoms are the same and there is no treatment or cure.  Let us know how your radiation therapy progresses and tell us your biopsy results when known.

Stay the course.

Tom

Hi Jeannie,

I was found to have stage 3 lung cancer and I ate  cbd/thc oil and now I am in remission. I did this along with chemo and radiation. I used the internet  to get information on how to cure my own cancer with the oil.That would be a good way to start your search.  I also suggest you talk to a naturopathic oncologist, I got high dose Vit. c.with an IV  and they have other natural ways to work with your oncologist. The oil really helps ease anxiety and helps me sleep, helps me eat and many other ways it helps.

good luck, Tomm 

Thanks Tomm and Tom for your replies much appreciated. Tomm like US the oil is much talked about and used here in Australia but also illegal. When i first got diognosised i thought about taking it along with modern medicine. Just have tolook into the purchase of it here,ido know some people that have taken it. One breath at a time

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.