Allyn Drew

Allyn Drew

Hi Allyn,

Welcome here! I'm sorry for what your wife and you are dealing with. I'm a survivor of an early stage lung cancer (and two other non-lung cancers). There are  a lot of people on this forum whe are survivors of Stage 4, and their caregivers. You'll probably hear from them. You can find a lot of information, wisdom and hope here. All the best to you on this unwanted and unexpected journey.

Bridget

Hi, Allyn,

Welcome to LCSC. I am sorry to hear about your wife's diagnosis. You have come to a good place to connect with other caregivers and lung cancer survivors. Our members have a wealth of experience navigating a lung cancer diagnosis and treatment. If you're comfortable, could you tell us a bit more about your wife's diagnosis? Then we may be able to connect you with someone who has a similar diagnosis. We are here for you.

With gratitude,

Lauren
--
Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

Hi, Allyn.  I am a stage IV survivor for almost 18 months; just finished beating a recurrence.  We understand how you and your wife feel right now.  Everything about this stinks, but this forum has a wealth of information and long-term survivors.  How can we help you? We're here for both of you.   

Allyn,  my husband is a stage IV Lung Cancer survivor of just over 3 years now.  The news of cancer and all the information is so overwhelming.  Wish I would of known about this resource in the beginning.  We care and understand what you are going through.  

3 hours ago, FightingMay2014 said:

Congratulations Susan! How in the world did you do it? You are truly an amazing inspiration.....I'm trying to help my mom fight it however possible. She is stage 4 too and I out her story up on introductions.

You will find many long term (10+ year) survivors here; I'm in awe of them. They have shared so much information, wisdom, and inspiration. They keep me moving forward, and I hope they can help you and your mom.