#48 opdivo

Bernie

Hi I was diagnosed in June of 2015 with NSCLC i am now 54 and i am doing great the infusion nurse as well as my doc says that i should be the poster child for Opdivo. When they say that each cancer patient is different they were not kidding, i can't seem to find others that have the same things going on with them as i have going on with me.

That's very interesting Bernie. In the days before my last review with my medical oncologist, Opdivo was in the news here in Australia. It had been accepted onto the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme, which financially is a very big deal. My medical team should be warned that eventually I will test them. In this case Opdivo was the subject. Dr. Jain passed the test. Instead of dismissing my interest, he explained that at the three centres that he consults, he had trialled 50 patients with varying success over the past 12 months. Some were patients who had been given weeks but had gone on for 12 months on Opdivo. I'm a little skeptical of ibs and abs.For some they work spectacularly, others they are useless. it's the working out who will benefit is the hard part.

Wayne

Bernie,

I am very happy to hear Opdivo is working so well for you! My mom just began Keytruda and we are hoping to have positive results too!  I'm sure some other folks will soon chime in on your post that either have personal experience with Opdivo or can point you in the right direction.  Take care!

Thank you  Steff and Wayne and bless you both! I know that there have been a few patients in my Dr.'s care that responded to the Opdivo but the side effects were either to much to take or the Opdivo attacked their internal organs so they were forced to consider other options. I try to keep my hopes set on remission but i also have to sort all of my life into boxes for my kids and husband, this depresses me, so i quit but i know i have to do it. Sometimes it's hard to stay positive when you are preparing for your own death.All of our family live in Il. and we live in Ga. we moved here almost 7 years ago because my husbands place of employment moved here, so no friends here either and the hubs don't know what to say and to be honest he would rather not talk about my cancer. Now don't get me wrong he loves me and goes to every infusion and Dr. appointment which is every other week, he just don't want to talk about my possible death and i don't know if i am weird but my death does not scare me but i am worried about my husband and kids and dog and cat lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bernie, so glad to hear your doing well with the Opdivo. I logged in today to get more info on Opdivo myself, I start it on Monday since my traditional chemo didn't help with shrinking  anything......Like you we moved to SC three years ago, my family is in Jersey and my husband as loving as he is, having a hard time dealing with my possible death......

Stay strong and this is a great site for hope and inspiration....Good Luck.....vinnpal