1st post, Maybe someone has idea's

scohen5088

My girlfriend was dx in sept with nsclc stage3 I think. She had hodkins in 1979 and had chemo and radiation. In 1999 she was dx with pulminary fibrosis and put on oxigen. She is now on a ventilator in a nursing rehab. She was put on a ventilator when they did biopsy on mass in center of chest. They said she could not have radiation because she had it in 1979. They said no chemo because she could not fight off infection on vent. One oncolgist gave her Irressa and it stopped tumor from growing after 30 days of treatment. Because she is on the ventilator she has to be transported in a ambulance and not to many Doc's come to nursing rehab.

Can Irressa still shrink tumor even know it stopped growth in 1st month? If it does then her breathing should improve and maybe she can get off ventilator and have access to other treatments.

Just my first post and would like any replies with any type of help.

Thank you all for your time and kindness, Steve

p.s. do they have spell check here

Steve,

Welcome to the best place for support and knowledge. I really don't have answers to your questions, but I do know that we have many people here that are keeping lc at bay due to Iressa. When it works, it works miracles.

Again, wish you didn't have to be here but welcome.

Welcome Steve. Boy this would be a great question to put under "Ask the Experts" When Oncodoc is back he'll catch up on his questions and give an expert answer. Keep us posted . Donna G

Steve -

My Mom has been on Iressa since June and has kept her primary lung tumor stable and she has had shrinkage in the infectected lymph nodes. Her onc was very surprised at the shrinkage but hey we'll take what we can get. I hope this proves to be sucessful for your girlfriend as well. You may PM me if you have any additional questions.

Welcome to our family!

Much Love,

Amy

Steve,

My husband has been on Iressa since June, and with Iressa in combination with Zometa for his bones, his cancer has been stable since then. He did have one small liver met that showed a little shrinkage (maybe 2mm) after starting Iressa, so on the last scans (Sept.), the liver met was very small. Lung tumor, bone and brain mets are all about the same, but, FORTUNATELY, there has been no new growth, and he is doing well.

Peggy

Hi Steve,

I'm sorry that I can't answer any of your questions, but I wanted to welcome you to the group. Sorry you have to be here, but know that you have found a wonderful group to be with . The only thing I can offer you right now is to keep you and your girlfriend in my prayers. I hope you find the answers you are looking for .

sue