'till death do us part: we did it together

patut

Sorry to report that Tim went to heaven at 8:15 a.m. Sunday 12/19.

He was home under hospice care for only 1 1/2 days, had two peaceful nights and we were all around him when he took his last breath.

I am so proud of him, he was a real trooper, was in no pain with his morphine patch on, and had all his faculties right until he went to sleep. All his kids and 8 of his grandchildren got to say goodbye. It was very easy for him, we weren't even sure he had left us.

I heard it said that if a person is satisfied with his life accomplishments, it is easier to let go. It's incredible how many people he has affected, being a teacher, coach, community contributor, etc.

I'm doing o.k. with the support of our 5 kids. We are going through the wonderful memories now and getting ready to give him one heck of a funeral. This is the first time I've been alone - they all went shopping to buy new clothes for the funeral. I am very peaceful and can feel him all around me.

I'll come back to the board when all this is over.

Love you all for all the support you have given me. Thank you!

Cyndy Hennessy

Wife of Timothy Patrick Hennessy - an "almost" Irishman

(just teasin' Tim!)

Cyndy, I'm so very sorry for your loss. In your words, I read your affection and kinship with this wonderful man, and I see that the evidence of that is all around you in the presence of your children.

He affected people here too with his daily battles and with you sharing them with us.

I know you will have a funeral that will do him proud! Wish we could all be there with you to hold your hand, but will have to just send cyber hugs.

Take care of yourself.

Di

I am sorry for your loss, but I am glad it was so peaceful. I think that does make such a difference in the grieving process. I, too, hope you will always feel him around you, and I wish you much peace and comfort during this difficult time.

If you can find the holiday album Steven Curtis Chapman did a year or two ago, there is a great song called Home for Christmas on it. I would recommend it to all of us missing someone this Christmas.

Curtis

Cindy, I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. I pray that God will give you the strength and peace you need to get through this terrible time. I am so glad you have children near you. I could not have made it without my dear sons. I will keep you and your family in my prayers!

Cindy,

My sincere sympathy, may you always feel him around.

Irish Blessing.

May the good earth be soft under you, when you rest upon it,

and may it rest easy over you when, at the last, you lay under it,

And may it rest so lightly over you that your soul may be out

from under it quickly, and be on its way to God.

J.C.

Cyndy,

I am so glad that Tim was surrounded by love when he died. I was so afraid that Earl would be agitated when he died, but he too was so peaceful. He slept like a baby.

This will be a hard time for you. But remember the wonderful times you shared with your dear Tim. It is so good that your children are there. Let them take care of you for the next while.

I have no magic words. There will be good days (sometimes minutes) and bad days (they never seem to be minutes). There are many friends here who will be praying that you and your family find peace in the days and weeks ahead.

Cyndy, I have found peace by continuing to stay here and offer my support. Please PM me if you would like to talk more and please accept my deepest sympathy.

Cyndy...

I am so sorry. I resist checking in on this forum....as invariably when I do, I find sad news such as yours. :(

I am glad for you and your family, that so many of you were with Tim and/or had the chance to say your goodbyes to him. I agree with you wholeheartedly, that people will only let go when they feel that things are "finished" or that they are satisfied with how things are, at that point.

It's wonderful that you've got such good support from your kids and grandkids and I know Tim's funeral will be a great celebration of his life! I wish for you, that you'll continue to feel Tim around you...and all the comfort that will bring.

I'll be thinking of you...hoping that all the good memories will help you through the coming days.

Cyndy,

I am so very sorry. I lost Daddy a week ago today, so I have some idea how you are feeling. I know what you mean when you say you feel Tim all around, I feel the same with Daddy. He is never really gone.

I would like to share something with you that gave me some peace. When Daddy died he too went very peacefully and one of the nurses told me that she has been on the Oncology ward for 15 years and has seen so many people pass, she said it is always easy to tell the ones who feel loved and content with their lives as they just slip away quietly as your Tim did. It gave me a great feeling of calm. I wish you peace during this time. Please PM me if you need to talk. God Bless... Love, Sharon