Time To Share

bev

I've been having my morning coffee with you every morning for several months now. All of you have helped me in so many ways to get through this. I hope by sharing my story, I can help, too. I'm just finishing up the last week of my brain PCI and am getting through okay. I'm looking forward to getting back to work in April. Although I am changed forever, I have a new zest for life.

Hi Bev..

I am so glad that you have taken the plunge to join up with this group of optimists!

I just knew that you were out there.

From your profile, it looks as if you have had most all of your treatments already. What is a lifeport may I ask? That is a new one to me!

Welcome welcome.

cindi o'h

Hi Cindi,

thanks for the speedy welcome! A life port is also known as a mediport.

It is put under the skin on the chest area to administer chemo and get blood work done. My veins gave out after the fourth round of chemo.

I still have it it works fine. But it will be a happy day when this thing comes out!!!

Welcome!

Boy do I love those sunflowers in your picture. So we've been having coffee all this time and I never knew...I don't suppose you've been to Cindi's pub too? Glad you quit lurking and joined in.

Rochelle

Hi Bev, And welcome! We'll make sure to pour an extra cup tomorrow morning! My grand daughter is engaged (almost) to a children's pastor on Long Island.

He lives in Center Moriches I think.

Hope we may encourage you and give you support anytime you need it.

Nell

Hi Bev--

Welcome to this wonderful website. Although I live in Canada, my Dad who has lung cancer lives on L.I. too. I grew up there. I'm curious as to why you were having regular CT screenings. Was that because you were a former smoker? Just wondering as I am the daughter of someone with lc and a former smoker.

Good luck on this journey. We're right along side with you.

Gail p-m

Welcome Bev,

Always had one cup of coffee in the morning,

but for a month I need two, must be having the second

one because of you.

Most of your treatments are done for the moment,

so you will be ok to visit Cindi's Pub to meet some

of the group.

J.C.

Good Morning Bev. Welcome. I just finished my coffee. Glad you decided to share your story with us. Sure hope for great results in (?)May with you repeat scan. Please keep us posted. Donna G

Hi Gail, I was a smoker for over 30 years. I was concerned about getting lung cancer.

so I started doing a lot of reading about it.One book that I have to say changed my life was titled Lung Cancer:myths facts choices and hope./Claudia I Henschke and peggy McCarthy. This is where I learned how important early detection is in lung cancer . So I explained to my doctor how I wanted to have ct scans on a yearly basis. And she thought that it was a good idea too. I am so thankfull for that, I looked at it as having a yearly mamo or pap test. I hope this can help.

Hi Bev,

Welcome to the group and we love your powerfully optimistic attitude. We are all glad that you have finally joined in and look forward to drawing on your strength and being able to return the favor when needed. Again...welcome.

Welcome to this great place, Bev. The people here are the greatest--and so supportive! Come often and tell us what's bothering you and share with us; also you can lend support to others. I know I post often with my problems, many times they are not as serious as I think they are, but it helps to get them off my mind. You can do the same. We are all here for you.

I'd love to join you any morning for coffee in that beautiful setting!

Barb