what do you say?

daggiesmom

Even though you tell yourself "it's just statistics" you still know that you doctor told you you have 2-3 years before you're out of the woods. the statistics give me 5 years. what i'm i supposed to do? 5 years isn't much time, is it? especially when you're only 50 and you can remember things when you were about 3 years old. so many things are happening to me now and most of them are bad. i'm very sad tonight. sorry. sometimes i wonder why should i wait aroung waiting for 5 years. if anyone read my post about losing friends - well , they're still LOST. i wish they were different people. i wish i were different people. oh well.......

Joanie-I wish I could say something about the old friends. Pre-cancerous ones. Most do not know what to do. Once in awhile I get a call-how are you, do you need something. It sounds more like quilt instead of concern. BUT I have new precious friends from church. So many of them have had members in their families die of cancer in the last few years and they check in me, bring food and just visit. I love them all. Try getting in a support group, a grief counseling group or a group at a local church and put yourself out there. It can not HURT. Love ya! Cindy

Joanie, time is in your favor. Anytime you get another year or weveral years, much can happen in the way of treatment. We should all rejoiice at the gift of time. 2-3 years can be an eternity. Having said that, you know the lecture -- numbers are only statistics for a certain period, which will change with time, but also each individual is on their own course.

Sorry about the "friends". Cultivate new ones! There are plenty of responsive people out there. You deserve it.

Blessings. Don

Joanie having 5 years is a blessing. Medicine makes significant gains daily. If you stand up and fight this darn thing you could make it a lot longer than 5 years!!! Who knows what medicine or procedure will be developed that could make the difference for everyone with this darn disease!!! The onc. told my Dad to fight hard because any day could bring something new in the medical field to help him live longer and have a quality life...if things stay status quo we will be lucky to have him a year. But we believe in miracles and that God has a plan for him that doesn't include leaving us in a year! Medical miracles happen and so do other ones!!! This roller coaster isn't easy, but we are all on it for the ride it gives us...but we have choices to make.....we can hang on for all we are worth and fight or we can let go and fall off...YOU CAN DO THIS...YOU DESERVE TO HAVE THE BEST LIFE YOU CAN HAVE...forget those old friends...make some new ones who want to be true friends...that is a lesson my Dad has learned the hard way...good luck Joanie..you are a terrific person!!!