deleting all posts

kimblanchard

Christina, I am so sorry for your loss...I can only say that you must not jump too far ahead of yourself. It is overwhelming enough as it is to cope with the death of someone that you loved so much, but to try to forsee the future is too much. Try to take things one day at a time. As Don said, grieving is a process, and you must allow yourself that. It is different for each person, and there is no right or wrong way to do it. It is what it is, and you feel what you feel and you have every right to those emotions.

Maybe, in time, you can join a bereavement group. Sometimes you just need to talk to other people who have some idea of what you may be going through. Come here and vent and grieve, we are here for you. Consider this a safehaven, if you will. I cannot imagine what you are going through. Right now you must allow yourself to feel the way you feel. Give yourself persmission to breathe, take things one step at a time.

We are here for you, take care, Deb

Dear Christina,

I am so sorry to hear about Chris. I think you can really hold your head up Christina and think how wonderful your loving support was for Chris at the end of his life. You are a remarkable young woman--a role model of devotion. I will pray that your sorrow and sadness will ease with time.

Ada

Christina I am so sorry for your pain. Try to take one day at a time. Chris will never leave you for he will be in your heart and soul forever. Remember the great times you had together and how hard you fought this battle together. He must have been so comforted by your love. Don't look too far at the journey ahead of you..you deserve to grief your loss. May God grant you peace of mind and contentment in your life as you go forward....take care.

Christy,

Are you alone or do you have someone who can hold you? You really need to be able to let go of your emotions with someone whom you trust.

I lost my mom in March and I was with her every day for a month taking care of her and then she was gone. The first little while I could feel my mom's spirit so strong. She let me know she was doing great and that she would also be close. She let me know that she was proud of me and that she finially knew of her divine worth.

Grieving is work and a process. Be kind to yourself. When you feel like crying, cry. You will find that little memories that come with bring you to tears. Ocean Front Property is a song my mom used to sing and dance to. When I hear that song I can see her doing that again. Keep Chris's memory alive by talking about the good times with Chris with other who love him. Sometimes people will try to protect you by not bringing up his name, let them know you want to talk about him by starting the conversation. Write a love note to him and place it in the casket with him. Write about his journey with cancer and before cancer.

Christy, he will always be close to you and help you. Read Karma's post that is titled Freaky Deaky in the general forum. It talks about how our loved one let us know they are still near.

The most unusual thing about when that happened with my mom I felt like I was the only one who could ever feel so bad about losing my mom. I told my mother in law this who I think is very wise and wonderful, and she said that's because it's happening to you and you only have one mom.

You will be okay and you will be strong, it will just take time. I also believe that we will see our loved ones again and they may be the ones to welcome US into heaven when our journey is through. May you find peace in our Saviors Love.

Prayers and Hugs, Shelly

Christina,

I hope you continue to come here for support. You have had quite a burden in the last few months. You haven given and given and now it is time to give to yourself. Allow yourself to remember all the things that you loved about Chris. Know that you will see him again. This is the truth.

Blessings to you,

Peg

We all care what you are going thru. You need to try and get on here everyday and just write to your hearts content all about what you are feeling. Nobody expects you to get past this in a few weeks. I can't imagine what it is like for you spouses. My prayers are with you.

Dear Christina,

I'm so sorry about Chris. Suffering like he did, you're suffering, the whole thing is horrible. Now, slowly, you will begin to heal. It will take time. You're young and probably have never gone thru this before. It is very hard. In time, you will move on. Acknowledge how badly you feel now, round up the troops and have a good cry. Chris is at peace. He would want you to feel peaceful, too. We are all here for you whenever you need to talk.

Joanie

Christina,

I am not sure this will help, but it could. Write his story, long hand just on like legal pads. It will take time, but it will make you remember the little times you thought you'd forgot about. Maybe you can find comfort in writing about the both of you. Even if its just for yourself. What can it hurt. :?: