New to lc

jang

HI Jan!

Congratulations on getting that little bugger out! I bet that feels great.

As far as having the chemo or not.. I have heard both ways. No doubt, chemo is tough on the body and it is not a decision to take lightly. It can have very long lasting and unknown affects for your future, so this is a decision that you alone will have to make.

Exercise prudence and be as thorough in your quest for knowledge as you can. Question everything. Ask ask ask. You life may depend on it.

Try posting a question to ask the experts when you get your path. report back. Have you had a bone scan, brain scan, pet scan and biopsies of lymph nodes?

Great luck to you! And congratulations again for catching this early..lucky lucky lucky.

Cindi o'h

Thank you all for your advice. I went into the ER on 2/20/05 with chest pains on my right side. I thought I may be having a heart attack. They never found anything wrong, except for this "spot" on my left lung. My heart is strong and healthy. I have never felt those chest pains again. After hearing the diagnosis of cancer, I never thought of myself as "lucky". Since my surgery, and reading everything I can get my hands on, I now know that I am indeed very lucky. I have never been a religious person, but someone was looking out for me. I have been healthy my whole life, rarely going to the doctors. Something got me to the ER that day! I am now a true believer and truly "lucky". I wish you all the same luck.

Yes. Hey, hi again Jan.

Glad your surgery went well and that your hospital stay was brief. I too am waiting to hear about the pathology reports and am hoping for clean margins and negative findings everywhere else! Would love for you to continue on with your good luck!

Let us all know, please.

Cindi o'h

Hi Jan,

So glad to hear all went well with you also. We both should mark 4/20 as our lucky day!!!!! I was still staged 1a with no lymnph node involvement. I am going to see an onc on Monday just to review my options for adjuvant chemo. From what i've been reading it's pretty much up to the patient. SOme docs are going to say its a good idea and others may say it serves no purpose. I am going to do some reading, research and discuss with all the doctors involved before making a decision. I guess we have about 5-6 weeks to decide.