Bad news for Dave

Remembering Dave

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Karen and Dave,

Not a day goes by that I don't name you two in my prayers.

I made up my mind a long time ago that if and when I have spine/brain mets Intrathecal Chemotherapy will be my treatment of choice.

I'm confused as to why the docs would not do Intrathecal chemo if there are cancer cells in the spinal fluid, because Intrathecal Chemotherapy is how Carcinomatous Meningitis is treated.

More prayers coming your way, Dear Ones.

Karen and Dave.

I am with Ry on this. I remember that Rachel had mets in the thecal sac. She is doing well. She has an Xray tomorrow. She had treatment in Oregon last Fall.

This has been ups and downs for y'all. I don't know how you persevere through all of this. It has to be the prayers coming from this group and Dave's strong constitution.

Nothing wrong with praying for miracles. They DO happen!

Cindi o'h

Karen and Dave,

Truly sorry to hear the news. Of all the things I have ever read on this site, your post was the bravest and most realistic common sense approach to horrible results. Facing this thing head on like you have is incredible. I would only hope that if I faced a similiar situation that I could be half as brave and realistic. God Bless you both and pray for the Docs to pull some rabbitts out of some hats.

CharlieD

Karen,

I am so saddened by the news of your beloved David. I feel so helpless and wish there was something to be done to alleviate his pain. Poor guy, he is fighting so hard, and the battle is catching up to him. How much can a physical body take? Not to mention ones mental state.

I pray for a miracle and that the Cancer cells is not in his spinal fluid. That is what we are praying for right now.

I hope you can feel everyones prayers and love around you because that is what we are sending to you and David and Hope.

I don't know what G-d has in store for David, but I do know that we all want him to be comfortable and free of this agonizing pain he is constantly going through physically and mentally. The emotional impact that this is putting on you as his caregiver wife is so overwhelming as your watch the love of your life deteriorate more everyday. I am so sorry Karen.

Please stay strong for him. Karen, if and when you can, keep us updated on Daves test and his condition. Hopefully, you will come back to us for support as we care so much for all of you.

Mega prayers sent to Dave and his whole family.

Maryanne

Karen

I'm so sorry to hear the news about Dave. I know how hard it must be on both of you and I'll be praying that you get good news with the spinal tap. Although I don't post much I've watched Dave's progress as it's so close to my sister's battle. She is experiencing the same progression right now with brain mets and spine mets. They will do cyber knife to brain but like Dave she's in extreme pain from spine met. Tumor to spine has caused collapsed vertabrae. Much pain and very little relief. Praying for better days for you both. Pam

To all, thanks for the kind words.

To Cindi and whoever else mentioned Rachel, thanks. I will try to get in touch with her.

Fay - thanks for the terminology. I will do some research on that tomorrow. The doctor didn't rule it out, just sorta mentioned it.

Good news, we will be presented with a contract on our house tomorrow. it sounds like it is solid and a good offer. we should be able to get into a new house pretty soon, if we can manage to buy one. houses in the area and price range we are looking at are selling literally within minutes of being listed. but the timing will be good as we go into this chapter, to downsize and simplify now so we can totally focus on Dave.

Karen

That's great news about the your house. I know you will find the perfect home. At least this is something positive that is happening.

Hang in there girl, maybe things will start to change for the better. There is always hope.

So glad for your good news!

:wink:

Maryanne

Karen and Dave,

This is a very hard time for both of you. I admire your courage and realism. Now, with that said, I also hope that the spinal fluid is free of cancer cells. If so, the way I understand your post, he can have some radiation for the pain. I hope this is the case and that prior radiation therapy does not exclude it.

The offer on your house is a good one but I wonder if Dave is up to a move right now? If he is, then I wish you a great price for yours and a good price on the one you decide to buy. I know you know this, but its easy to see that you all love each other very much. I wish you stength in the coming weeks and months no matter what happens. You are always in my prayers.

Nina

Dear Karen,

You have every right to be upset so please feel free to vent! You and your family are in the fight of your lives and have been braving it out through this most difficult journey. You and Dave have been nothing but kind and supportive of so many on this board so now we are here to rally in support of you and yours! Please keep us posted on any news and do not loose hope Dave is a real fighter and so lucky to have you and his family in his corner. Take good care! You are all in our thoughts and prayers!

Sincerely,

Botley & Mother

I know this is not the news you wanted. How hard it must be, watching him go thru this. Your beautiful little girl hoefully gives you stength. I pray that God gives you the courage to keep being "there" for him. I also pray that you get the miracle you so desperately need.

I know that need to keep the brave face on. I have no place to vent but HERE. So please vent away!! :x:x

Love to you all, Cindy

(((Karen, Dave & Faith)))

I'm praying very hard for you. Karen & Dave, the two of you have given so much of yourselves to us and for that I thank you. We love you and hope that you feel all the love and prayers coming your way from this group. May God be with you.

Love and Prayers,

Sue

I am so sorry to read this news. As hard as it is to face reality, sometime we have to, and you are being so strong, Karen, I have to admire you.

At the same time, there are always the "oddball" survivor stories - like the one KatieB posted a link to about the woman with SCLC with recurring mets to the brain who was alive and kickin' 15 YEARS later. I keep praying that Dave will become one of those wildcard survivor stories written up in medical journals.

At any rate, many prayers for your whole family.