Looking for support and hope

Guest ziggytwo

I'm coming into this late but I think the suggestion above re: letting your husband see the successes here for a little hope infusion is a great one. I needed it, they gave it to me and now I can pass it on to my mom. hang in there hon, it will get better. we're here for you.

xoxo

amie

Guest ziggytwo

I don't think surgery is an option any more. I think they will run more tests in the next few weeks and then we will know more. It is my understanding that once it has mets outside the initial site then surgery is not an option.

The best part is that my husband now believes he will live. He wasn't convinced of that earlier. It is strange how things can change in a few weeks or months. We don't want to get overconfident but we do want to enjoy this while we have it. This is allowing us to come back to some normalcy of a routine. I don't feel we are looking over our shoulders as much as we were.

Yes -- we plan to celebrate. He had his third Alimta treatment this week and he goes downhill on about the third day after. By next weekend we should be re-energized and ready to do something special.

I am taking care of myself better. I lost about 12 lbs. when he wasn't eating (I can stand to lose more :wink: ) but I am now pacing myself and responding better to both of our needs. It is a daily learning experience.

We wish you all the very best. I check this board almost daily. You guys are wonderful!