A NEW MEMBER myrnalu

Connie B

This is a post from a NEW MEMBER. This person had posted this message under someone else's post in the MY STORY Forum and I felt no one would have seen it there.

Please help me to welcome this person:

she/he wrote:

USER: myrnalu

Ease my mind, I have to have my right upper lobe removed on Nov 1, i am scared to death.

Hi myrnalu,

I just want you to know that I had the same surgery that you are about to have. The good news is that you are able to have surgery. I had my surgery on July 1st. I had some soreness and pain which was taken care of with pain pills. Now I cannot remember when I stopped taking the pain pills. I am back at work and feeling pretty good. Please do not stress yourself out with worry. Everything will be fine.

Carol

Welcome Mynalu,

We are so glad you decided to join us. There are many here that have had a lobectomy and have done wonderfully well. My husband had a pneumonectomy and did very well with the operation and recovery. When you have the time, I hope you will post with more information . Everyone here understands what you are going through. We have all known what it is to be scared. In your case, it sounds like you have a lot to be thankful for. Surgery is not an option for many. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Sue

Your fear is understandable.

No one likes to hear lung cancer!!

count yourself being among the "lucky"...it is a very good thing to qualify to have a lobe removed!

I wish I could have had it done!

We are here for you every step of the way. We know your fears. We have been there. We will help you all we can.

Once you have your surgery, you will feel so much better! I promise.

Cindi o'h