My husband has lc

sara k

Sara-

I'm glad you found this site and that the wonderful people on here can help you and your dear husband through this frightening experience. It's amazing to me how many younger people are being affected by this blasted disease. Welcome, and please visit often to chat, share information, vent, relate good news, etc.

Guest sharon

Hi Sara - Sorry you had to come here, but it is a good place to be when you need information or encoragement... I have gained alot of knowledge regarding lung cancer through these boards... These people have some courageous stories to share.... Although i will say... Guys... no one ever replies to my posts??!!!! :cry: Sometimes I feel like I am out of the "loop" here.... My best to you Sara and keep thinking positive thoughts... they really do help get you through each and every day... Love, Sharon

Guest DaveG

Sara:

Welcome to Lung Cancer Survivors for Change. As my signature tells it all, I am a survivor. Being a survivor is what it is all about here, as our name implies. We offer HOPE here, and FAITH, and the much needed SUPPORT. As you know Lung Cancer is not without pain and all of us here have been through that pain, whether it be physical or emotional, we have been there.

It IS too bad that you have had the need to find us, but now that you are here you are among friends, where you can speak, openly, about yourself and how you are, or are not, dealing with this disease. Please make yourself at home, you are part of a very large family.

PS: Sharon, love that smile.

Hello Sara and Ed.

I too would like to welcome you to this message board; it is indeed unfortunate that our paths cross under these circumstances. However, now that you are here, you must make the best of the lung cancer specific knowledge the people on this board have to offer. When you are comfortable sharing information, visit and post some more information about Ed's condition in the appropriate forums on the board. Symtoms, medications, treatments, schedules, timelines, and conversations with doctors, are all things we need to know to assist in lowering your anxiety levels, and answering some of the many, tough questions you both must have. Talk to you soon,

David P.

Dear Sara and Ed,

Hi Sara, I think you are the wonderful person that came to our Support Group last Tuesday and I missed you because I was home with a cold! Am I right that you are that Sara?? :) Well my dear, you are the same age as my daughter and your husband is one year younger then my son-in-law, and this is just toooooo heartbreaking for all of us. You touched all the hearts of the support group members, (so I was told)! They wanted to take you and ED and fix you both! (sigh)! Having said all that.....

I was a Stage IIIA-B Adenocarcinoma as well, and 7-1/2 years later, HERE I AM!!! There are many out in this world just like me!!

My dear, I am so very sorry you have the need to find us, yet, I am SOOOO Very glad that you did!!

I think you even have my phone number and if you EVER wish to chat, please feel free to give me a call!!!

When your up to it, please share with us where Ed is in his treatments, and how he and you are doing!

The Lung Cancer Support Group members shared with me that you needed a BIG HUG last Tuesday after group! I'm sending you a HUGE HUG, (((((((((((((((((((((((((((Sara))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) Everyone know's I A HUGGER!!! :)

Warm and Gentle Hugs,

Hi Sara;

Also want to welcome you to the board, so ,so sorry to hear of Ed's dx.

Know that you are not alone, Cancer is a terrible thing to deal with and you will find good information and caring people on this site, AND as Connie says "lots of hugs" :lol:

God bless you and Ed and be well

Bobmc - NSCLC- stage IIB - left pneumonectomy - 5/2/01

" Absolutely insist on enjoying life today "

Guest sharon

You guys are the best!! Thanks for putting me back in the "loop".... Now I am off to work smiling... Hope you all have a wonderful day!! Love, Sharon

Sara,

As everyone else has said: Welcome to this board. I believe a support group has such a positive affect on health, LC in particular, that it can change an outcome. This board can surround you with positive input. Visit often and participate as much as you like!

Positive vibes to you & your husband. JudyB

Guest Dianne
:( My mom has had lung cancer since September 1999. She was in remission after her first episode of lung cancer until last fall. She was on chemo and the doctor gave her a break beccause the cancer was pretty stable, now it has mestasized to the brain where we were told they counted about 100 lesions through her brain--Devestated, YES! Giving up hope? NOWAY She did her first whole brain radiation yesterday and seems to be doing very well today. Cancer Sucks no matter what, but you have to have faith and God will pull you through.

Guest DaveG

Dianne:

Cancer does INDEED SUCK. It is too bad that you have had to find us, but, nonetheless, you are welcome here. You are among friends. Friends who have HOPE, FAITH, LOVE, and very large doses of SUPPORT. All of us, in one form or another, have a very deep connection to Lung Cancer. As our name, LUNG CANCER SURVIVORS FOR CHANGE, implies, we are about surviving and bringing about change for lung cancer. The changes we desire are: Greater Awareness that Lung Cancer is not an exclusive disease and that it crosses all socio-economic-political boundaries and has no regard towards behavior; increased funding for research; and a defined and accepted method of early detection.

We have a policy of "no holds barred". You may speak your peace here.

Is you have not yet done so, please take a minute and register. Take your time browsing the many forums we have here and the thousands of poststhat have been made. You will find much inspiration, love, and even humor here. Yes, we do have a sense of humor, which many will attest to.

Welcome and make yourself at home.

Hi Dianne,

Your news about the progression of your mom's cancer saddened me, but your attitude of not throwing in the towel heartened me. I'll be praying for the best results possible with the brain rads. Hang in there and keep us posted. We care.

:My name is Donna I think I gave you the kleenex at the support group. Is this true? I am really happy that you came and thrilled you are on line with us also. I hope your husband soon will feel good enough to join us. So will Dale , and the guys enjoy having another male in the group. We women tend to look for support first but the guys need it just as much as we do. :D:D I hope to get to the meeting where we are having a guest speaker. Sounds great. Been thinking and praying for you. See you soon I hope Donna