TXT-1027

Guest Michael

A clinical trial study was conducted at Columbia Presbyterian (NYC) but I don't know exactly when or the outcome. The Doctor who conducted study is:

Mary Louise Keohan, MD

Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center

Herbert Irving Cancer Center

161 Fort Washington Avenue

New York, NY 10032

212 305-0592

email: MLK32@columbia.edu

I'll see if I can find out more and I'll post again.

Here's an abstract about the Phase I trial results:

http://www.asco.org/ac/1,1003,_12-00249 ... cal+Trials

It reports the particulars of dose-limiting toxicities (DLTs) and the maximum tolerated dose (MTD). Since it's a Phase I clinical trial, they do not report patient outcomes, other than side effects/toxicities. In other words, it appears too early to tell with this drug. Hope it works for your sister! Do keep us posted. - Teresa

Even though the 2 chemos failed, don't give up. I don't know anything about the particular one you are talking about. I think clinical trials is not a bad idea. They are experimenting with the latest treatments and some may be fda approved very soon. I will try to look up some more info, good luck!

Thanks. Sister will start radiation 5 days a week for 3 weeks for the growths on her neck. Than go to Texas for RFA than start this new chemo. Were praying this will do something . It has been since March that she was Dx and nothing has worked!!!!She is starting to lose hope and geeting very depressed. Any and all information is welcome.

Your all in our prayers every day