New and overwhelmed

Guest redwings fan

Guest redwings fan

:wink:

Hi. My name is Heather and my 30 year old hubby has just been diagnosed with stage4 lung cancer. I'm still in shock and I cry all the time. We have a 14 month old daughter so i'm having a really hard time dealing with all of this. I'm just reaching out for some friends and support and it would be nice to talk to other young people dealing with lung cancer. My email address is

detroit_redwings_fan@hotmail.com

Feel free to email me anytime. Just let me know your from this site.Heather

Hi Heather

I'm sorry to hear about your husband. Wishing you both all the best on this journey - you have come to the right place for information and support.

Karen

BTW, my husband and I spend two years living in a town called Manitouwadge in Northern Ontario, and we spent many weekends in Thunder Bay. It's a small world, isn't it!

Welcome to the wives club. I am so sorry to hear about your husband. We are also Red Wing fans. I know the beginning of this journey is real hard. He is young and that will help. Please tell us more about his treatments and diagnosis...again welcome.

Heather: welcome to this group. I am sorry you and your husband have to deal with lung cancer. I am 61 years old. I got lc when I was 59. It is always a bummer when someone gets lc, regardless of their age, but I must say, that I really hate to see such young people getting this disease. You can take heart in that stage 4 disease is treatable in terms of long term survival nowadays.

Don M

Heather, I am so sorry you needed to find us but glad you did. your husband sounds like he's young, and there are plenty of stage 4's fighting the good fight here. I know the beginning is so shocking. hang in there, and know that we're here for you.

xoxo

amie

PS. the 'wings are my 2nd favorite team. good, old time hockey.

xo

Hi Heather..........I am so glad you found this group. They are amazing and will lift you up, especially when you need it and don't even know it!

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband but you will read about many successes here.............

Welcome.

Lynne

Hi, Heather, and welcome to our site. So very sorry that your hubby has LC at so young an age. I, too, am a Redwings fan -- lived in Detroit for four years in the '60's when Gordie Howe was the star and Terry Sawchuk was the goalie.

Let us know how we may support you. I have one small personal favor: please do not use pink for your typed message. It is very hard for these old eyes to read. Thanks. Don