New and overwhelmed

Guest redwings fan

Hi Heather, I'm new as of last week but my Dad was diagnosed (stage iv) almost two years ago. Please keep us updated on your husband. I have been reading the message board here off and on for a year but just started participating. It was helpful to read and it is helpful to vent/ask questions of others who know what you are going through.

Brenda

Welcome Heather

My son is 36 and my daughter is 25. If you feel like venting to someone "older" I hope you will feel free to vent on me. I've been trying to come up with some words of comfort and wisdom for you, but I guess the best that I can offer is that you are not alone. You will not even realize it but you, your husband and child will be added to many prayer lists. Good wishes and thoughts will be sent your way. It is perfectly normal to cry at this time. I cried as I read your posting. Again, welcome. Pam

Hi Heather,

Sorry just saw you post. I want to welcome you here. I am so sorry to hear about your husbands diagnosis. And it sucks big time that he is much too young.

We are a very supportive family here and also very knowledgeable. If you have any questions ask away, there is always people who can answer your questions.

I know honey, how scared you are. We have all been there and it is so scarey. But once they start him on a treatment you will feel better.

Please keep us posted on his progress. Remember, we are always here for you 24/7, you are never alone.

Maryanne

Helcome Heather,

I am so very sorry to hear about your husband. My husband is now 34, but he was 31 when he was diagnosed with Stage IV lung cancer. It is so unfair that this is happening to someone so young, but there is good news in that he is young and strong enough to tolerate more aggressive treatment strategies. I am sending you an e-mail, so that I don't have to get into a long novel here about our experience with LC.

You are both in my prayers, and please call me, or e-mail me any time if you need to talk.

Carleen

Heather,I am so sorry to hear your husband has lung cancer.You did not post a profile so we don't know what kind of lung cancer.I know it is hard but this is the time to fight.Many people beat it!!! Be positive stress is not good and if you are stressed so is your husband.I understand it is hard but he can still live to see that baby grow up.One day at a time and it won't be easy but it is do able.He is very young and that is a plus to beat it.

Judy369