Just had surgery

Guest SANJO4444

Guest SANJO4444

I was diagnosed with stage IIIa adenocarcinoma in October 2002. The tumor was over 10 centimeters long. After twelve weeks of Taxol then Cisplatinin the tumor shrank....tremendously. I had a lobectomy last month and the pathology report is totally negative! I am so grateful I can't stand it! I am hoping this tinnitus will go away. I will be doing radiation and more chemo as a preventative measure starting next week. Glad to find this message board. :D

Hey Sanjo.

We all know that size doesn't count, but 10 cm's - that's pretty big! Wonderful news to hear that it shrunk drastically, and if there's any good news in any sort of lung removal, then it's nice to hear you "just" had a lobectomy. I would really like to hear the rest of your story; your entire story, from just before diagnosis, to now (if you're comfortable with that).

Stories like yours are simply a joy to read. Many people see lung cancer as a death sentence - when those same people read about a cancerous 10 cm tumor, a lobectomy, and a totally negative pathology report six months later - well dear Sanjo, it just don't get much better! The "Inspiration" forum would be an appropriate place for such an inspiring story (if you're comfortable with that). Looking forward to hearing more from you Sanjo,

David P.

Dear Sonjo,

You really are an INSPIRATION!!! David P said it best when he said it would be great to hear your entire story, from before dx.s to now. Please consider sharing your story on the Inspiration Forum. It's people like you, David P. Dave G. Judy B and even me, and many many more that give hope to those that thought there was NO HOPE! I am So Very Happy for you! Congratulations!!! And Continued Good Health to You!

Warm and Gentle Hugs,

Guest DaveG

I can only echo what everyone else has to say here. When I had my second surgery, last September, the doctors and I were totally convinced that I had another malignant tumor. A lobectomy was planned, and when they woke me after the surgery, and told me the tumor was benign and they saved my lower lobe, I cried.

When one goes in expecting the worse, and then come out as well as you did, it is something to be happy about. The two most horrible words are Lung Cancer, but the the two most beautiful words are CANCER FREE. Isn't it great to hear those words!!! :D:D:D