Treatment

Roger C

Well my treatment went pretty good today for my first time. Rads & chemo. paclitaxel/carboplatin. At time time I feel O.K. no problems yet. I just want to thank everyone that responded to the entry I made of ON MY MIND. You have no idea how good it made me feel. Thanks.

Question: can you do a search on the board, for a fraze or a word in a forum?

Don't know what to expect the 1st time. It is doable. After the 2nd/3rd time, it does get easier. Had my infusions at my onc's office. They were always feeding us. The drug sales people were always bringing in good food. Look forward to a free lunch once per week. LOL

You also get to know your chemo friends, watch TV and catch up on reading. I too had carboplatin and Taxol.

Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

Karen

Roger,

You just have to find the best fitting chemo chair for your body. That helps if you are to spend time there. Bring a friend, play some cribbage or to really get things shaking, strip pokers!

(That'll be a first!!!)

Happy to be of help here anyway we can.

Cindi o'h

Roger: I am just gonna' followup on what Sheri said about the search option -- upper right (where register, my profile is....just under my mail....); search is there. If you click on that, you can type in words or phrases you want to find....the results will span info. from every forum here (from what I can tell, I did it as a test and that's what happened to me).

Happy searching and welcome to the forum.

Hugs, Linda

Hi Roger,

Did you have a mediport put in for the chemo?you might think about that,its so much easier than being stuck every time,they have a cream to put on an hr before and you dont hardly feel the needle.Also you should start a profile for yourself,it will help everyone to help you through this journey.

HUGS&PRAYERS,

Marie

Hi Roger,

Did you have a mediport put in for the chemo?you might think about that,its so much easier than being stuck every time,they have a cream to put on an hr before and you dont hardly feel the needle.Also you should start a profile for yourself,it will help everyone to help you through this journey.

HUGS&PRAYERS,

Marie

I had an infusion port put in, I guess it's the same thing. They will use that instead of sticking me all the time. Thanks for your comments. God Bless.

Good going Roger!

I have my 5th treatment of the same chemo next week and I remember how scary the first one was.

Drink lots & lots of water!

Eat well and often!

Rest when you need to!

I have found that it helps me to keep a log of how I am feeling for the 7 days post chemo. That way I can remember how I felt each day from one treatment to another. It's handy to have when my Doctor asks me if I experienced any side effects. Also, if I have an new symptom after a treatment, I can review my notes from the previous treatments to see if I experienced it before. Sometimes I forget!

Continued good luck to you!

Pam in FL

:)

Great advice from everyone. If you do experience symptoms, don't hesitate to mention them and evaluate some of the different drug options for assisting with nausea, etc. There are so many that do assist.

But I agree with everyone: drink a lot and eat well.

Melinda