New member!

If you think that is all The welcomes you get you are wrong. Lost Deb 2 Months ago today at 3 Am 1/23. Am working on things here including Clinical Trials and research news. Also working on fundraising that is another story if and when it happens. I know how you feel about good and bad days. I do very well until bedtime and then i get really sad and Depressed. Eventually Go to sleep. If we can assist you in any way just ask. This is a very compassionate group of knowledgeable and supportive people here. Stay in touch and welcome aboard.

With Keith - I wasn't able to be with him all the time. But during the last days he only wanted me to lie beside him and hold hands as he slept. He slept alot... and when he was awake the pain was so bad that all I could do was hold him until it eased or he fell back asleep. he was on several pain meds including Ketamine (sp?) and morphine among other things. And they didn't even begin to touch the pain he was in. So when I got a call he was being put on oxygen I drove back to his house (when I wasn't there he had to go into a nursing home). Less than a week after I got there, he passed away. I know he was just holding on until I got there. because 2 days after - he went into a coma. he woke up only long enough to tell me he only wanted to be comfortable and that he loved me. Two days after that he passed away. I was by his side the whole time, if he even crinkled his eyes as if he was in pain I would calll for the nurse to give him a boost of the pain meds. It was a blessing to me to know that at least for the last days of his life he wasn't in pain. (Or at least I am hoping he wasn't - he didn't appear to be).

Running his forum is sometimes hard. People come in and say that Keith always knew the right thing to say.. and I wonder if I have what it takes to be the support person for all of them. It's a small group - but Keith was so loved by so many who had come through the group when they needed it... it's hard to reach deep within and come up with what I think Keith would have told these people. When they ask questions about diagnosis - I have no clue what to tell them. because I haven't been there or done that. So I spend alot of time online searching for answers for them.

Ok - this ended up being a book instead of a little post.. LOL Sorry about that.

I hope you are having a wonderful day. Thank you again for your warm welcome.

Melanie

If you think that is all The welcomes you get you are wrong. Lost Deb 2 Months ago today at 3 Am 1/23. Am working on things here including Clinical Trials and research news. Also working on fundraising that is another story if and when it happens. I know how you feel about good and bad days. I do very well until bedtime and then i get really sad and Depressed. Eventually Go to sleep. If we can assist you in any way just ask. This is a very compassionate group of knowledgeable and supportive people here. Stay in touch and welcome aboard.

Thank you Linda.. I am trying to figure out how to get keiths picture in my signature.. LOL.. figuring out new things isn't always easy for me. :)

Your word of encouragement mean alot to me.

(( hugs ))

Melanie

Melanie:

You are going to make a wonderful support person to your group, don't you worry about that -- your own story will inspire lots of hope to others (you already have done that for me).

Welcome to this site. Hugs,

Linda

Welcome Melanie,

I am sorry about the loss of your love, Keith.

It sounds like you and I have a couple of things in common. The love of my life is also a Keith. He is my soulmate, and the most wonderful person I've ever met. He was given roughly 9 months, and this past Sunday was his 3 year dx anniversary.

I also have fibromyalgia, but I know that I am lucky and blessed to have it only effect me minorly. I don't let it interfer with my life or any of my actions.

It sounds like you and Keith had a very special relationship, and I am sure that he would tell you how grateful he was to have you there with him, comforting him during his last days.

I know that now the only pain that remains is yours, and I am so sorry you are left with that. There are so many here unfortunately that have been where you are now, and we are all here to support you and care for you as you grieve. I pray that God bring you comfort in your mourning, and light your path as you strive to continue Keith's and your support groups.

PS. If you are having trouble attaching a photo to your profile, you can post a question in the technical support forum, or otherwise I know that Rick and Katie have often helped others get their photos posted by having you e-mail them a picture and they will post it for you.

God Bless You

Carleen

We do have a few things in common. :) Am so glad that you have also found your soulmate, and that he is beating those odds as well. Am sorry that he is having to deal with this, and that you are also dealing with FMS. Not an easy thing to have to try and live with.

I did get the link in my signature to go to his picture.. But wasn't sure how to get te actual picture to show up.. LOL Maybe on a day when the brain fog isn't so thick I can sit and figure it out.

Thank you so much for the welcome. I look forward to getting to know you and the others here.

Melanie

Welcome Melanie,

I am sorry about the loss of your love, Keith.

It sounds like you and I have a couple of things in common. The love of my life is also a Keith. He is my soulmate, and the most wonderful person I've ever met. He was given roughly 9 months, and this past Sunday was his 3 year dx anniversary.

I also have fibromyalgia, but I know that I am lucky and blessed to have it only effect me minorly. I don't let it interfer with my life or any of my actions.

It sounds like you and Keith had a very special relationship, and I am sure that he would tell you how grateful he was to have you there with him, comforting him during his last days.

I know that now the only pain that remains is yours, and I am so sorry you are left with that. There are so many here unfortunately that have been where you are now, and we are all here to support you and care for you as you grieve. I pray that God bring you comfort in your mourning, and light your path as you strive to continue Keith's and your support groups.

PS. If you are having trouble attaching a photo to your profile, you can post a question in the technical support forum, or otherwise I know that Rick and Katie have often helped others get their photos posted by having you e-mail them a picture and they will post it for you.

God Bless You

Carleen

Melanie, I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved husband.

It is wonderful be beat the odds by all those years. He was very lucky.

Keep those wondful memories of him alive in your heart of hearts and there be will live on in you.

Peace be with you,

Maryanne

Hello Melanie,

I am so sorry for your loss of Keith - it sounds like the time you did have together was special for you and your soulmate. I am really glad you joined this group - I think you will be a great, supportive addition!

Anything we can do to help, please ask

Sandra