Lee is my dad.....I am his daughter Eppie

eppie

http://www.baytownsun.com/story.lasso?e ... 3d8d49aed0

Lee Acosta

Lee Acosta, 63, of Baytown, departed this life on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 at a Baytown Hospital, following a courageous battle with lung cancer. Born in Millican, Texas on October 14, 1942, Lee was the oldest of three children born to Alejandro and Victoria DeLeon Acosta. A longtime resident of Baytown, he graduated from Robert E. Lee High School in 1960 where he played catcher for the Gander baseball team, he was later a member of the Baytown Hawks fast pitch softball team. A member of the Catholic faith, he proudly served his country in the United States Air Force. On January 4, 1964, he married the love of his life Alice Serrano in Baytown. Lee worked at Exxon Refinery from 1967, until he retired as a First Line Supervisor in 1999. A tremendous athlete and avid weightlifter, he loved being outdoors, especially hunting and fishing.

Preceded in death by his father, Alejandro Acosta; Lee is survived by his loving wife of 42 years, Alice Acosta of Baytown; son, Joseph Librado Acosta of Baytown; daughters, Stephanie Acosta-Griffin and husband, Michael of Saunderstown, RI, Cathy Zawadzki and husband, Jim of Spring, TX, and Victoria Lee Acosta of Gaitherburg, MD; sister, Linda Araujo and husband, Dennis of Baytown; mother, Victoria Acosta of Baytown; brother, Samuel Acosta of Baytown; grandchildren, Joshua Dale Acosta, Joseph Librado Acosta, Jr., Owen Alejandro Griffin, Anna-Sophia Griffin, Cameron James Zawadzki, Jarred Anthony Zawadzki and Julianna Marie Zawadzki.

The family will receive friends at Crespo & Jirrels Funeral Home Friday, March 24, 2006 from 5 to 8 p.m., with vigil service at 6 p.m. Funeral mass will be 10 a.m., Saturday at St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church, 800 W. Baker Rd., Rev. William Oliver, celebrant. Interment will follow at White Cemetery. Honoring the family a pallbearers will be, Ricky Lenoir, Michael Griffin, Bobby Serrano, Dennis Araujo, Joseph Acosta, Jr. and Joshua Dale Acosta.

Lee was a loving husband, father, grandfather, son, brother and treasured friend to many. He will be deeply missed by all who knew and loved him.

For those desiring, memorial contributions can be made in Lee’s memory to Lung Cancer Support Community at www.lchelp.org .

Arrangements are entrusted to Crespo & Jirrels Funeral and Cremation Services, 6123 Garth Road, Baytown, 281-839-0700. To view the obituary or post a tribute to the family, visit www.crespoandjirrels.com.

Published March 24, 2006

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(((Eppie))),

I've been away and was SO shocked to read this news :cry: . I am just so very sorry to hear this ~~ please know you and your whole family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully you will be able to come back for some love and support from all of us.

May your memories be of some comfort and help sustain you, Eppie. My heart hurts with yours.

Kasey