Hi all! I am JudyB's Daughter... (new to this board)

Guest Siana

Hello everyone. My name is Cris, I am JudyB's daughter (the one she is pictured with in her icon (I am going to scan her a new picture *laugh*). My mom has been talking about this board for some time, and she has found it a real comfort.

As happy as I am to finally get the chance to join this board, I am very sad to also post that they have found a mass in my mother's spine. They are not able to do surgery or a needle biopsy because of the location (T1 - T2). So they are not 100% sure. We will be scheduling a PET scan this week in order to get a more definative answer on what it is. My mom was in the hospital from Sunday until today.

The doctors all seem to think there is a high chance that the cancer has come back and is now in the spine. My mom has a strong fighting spirit and we all plan to help her fight this and beat it again. But I have to say it is really scary. I should probably post more about this in one of the other boards, but I thought I would post a little here just to let you know what finally brought me to this board. I know many of you are friends of my mother's and I know she wants you to know what is happening. I am sure she will post as soon as she is able.

I will do my best to post more soon as we know what is going on. If anyone has information on lung cancer that has moved to the spine please let us know.

Thank you so very much for all of the support you have given my mother.

Sincerely,

Cris Robson

Hello Chris, and welcome.

I feel as though I already know you from seeing you beside your beautiful mother all this time. I am saddened by your news of a new growth in your mother's spine. You are right that she has the fighting spirit, and a great sense of humour, I might add. There is no option but to fight this awful disease, and I'm glad she has such a wonderful daughter like you to help her in these tough times. Give her a big hug for me. Take care Chris,

David P.

Hi Janet-----I do not think the scans "show" cancer, they merely light up---

you can not be sure until you have a biopsy-----

based on prior cancer history, stage of cancer, looks of it, where it is , spread at the time found , node involvement at surgery time, Drs. can be fairly certain in some cases ---however, when people are aat an early stage, with no node involvement, enlarged lymph nodes are a little questionable---I for one always had enlarged nodes, whenever I get a sinus infection---however, I would never know it until the cancer arrived---and I am being scanned regularly---

My surgeon also did a mediastinscopy and brochioscope last November because my nodes were enlarged and lit up, however, it was also only an infection---and all was negative---

I am sorry if your Dr. told you, by reading your scans, that your cancer had spread and you were stage 4, most Drs. ususally would not tell you that unless it was biopsied and it was a fact---

Regards Eileen

Thanks so much for posting about your mom! I was wondering what was up with her because she hasn't posted or joined us in the chat room the last couple of Wednesdays. I have missed her! Please tell her we are all thinking of her and expecting her back on here soon.

Please keep us updated will you?

Hi all! Thank you for all of your encouraging words!! We are really praying for arthritis or something else (funny how this terrible disease makes you pray for arthrtis *laugh*).

I really appreciate all of your messages, and I will pass them all on to my mother, I am going to be with her all day today.

I will keep everyone updated!!

Thank you again!

Cris

Hi Cris,

Nice to meet you, sorry it is under these circumstances. I am sorry to hear about the mass they found. My mom also had a mass found on her lower spine and after a PET scan they found it to be arthritis. She has been battling Psoriatic arthritis on top of everything else. I pray that it all turns out well. Your mother is in my thoughts. All my best.

Cris, please tell your mom Hello from Deb (debaroo). She is a fantastic lady, but your probably already know that, she is well loved here. Hopefully this will turn out to be something like arthritis. Prayers and positive thoughts being sent Judys' way. I'll be keeping an eye out for any updates. Until then, please take care-Deb

Guest stephnewyork32

8) Hi I am Jusy's other daughter and maybe you have seen som eof my posts around. Everything in my sister's post is true and the only update is that she, Judy will be having surgery on Tuesday.

I, or Cris will keep a post at least every other day. Daivd G has my number if you want to ring us, but other wise, thanks for the support and I will keep you up to date.

Stephanie for Judy B

Guest stephnewyork32

8) Hi I am Judy's other daughter and maybe you have seen som eof my posts around. Everything in my sister's post is true and the only update is that she, Judy will be having surgery on Tuesday.

I, or Cris will keep a post at least every other day. Daivd G has my number if you want to ring us, but other wise, thanks for the support and I will keep you up to date.

Stephanie for Judy B

Hello Cris and Stephanie:

Welcome and thanks for the update on your mom, Please give her my very best and a big (((hug))) from me. She's a real trooper here on the boards and provides the wed. night wit as well as the meal of the week on our chat night.

Please tell her to get well and get back to us cause we miss her!! :x:x She's a fighter she'll do well, but tell her that she's in my thoughts and prayers!

God bless and please keep us updated, sorry, I'm late on this but have been on vacation.

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today"

Hi Cris and Stephanie,

So very sorry to hear about my Buddy Judy. (damn it)! She's got all the fight anyone could ask for, so I have NO doubt she will be fighting like hell on this one. GO MY BUDDY!! You go GIRLFIEND!!

Could you girls let us know what hospital she will be in and give us the address for those that would like to send cards to your wonderful mom?

Also, most of the members may not know her last name, so you might want to give that as well. THANK YOU!

Give your mom a HUGE WARM AND GENTLE HUG from her Buddy Connie.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((JUDY))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Hang in there girls, this is just a bump in the road. Hugs to you two as well.

Guest stephnewyork32

Well Tuesday is here and Mom is going to have surgery and so we need positive energy amd prayers. I am so scared I feel like I can't breath, but I know Mom is strong and has a great support group. I will give updates ASAP when we know. Se goes in at 6 pm Tucson time.

Thanks for all the warm posts and emails. Cris printed them out today and read them to Mom and that lifted her spirits, so keep 'em coming. and God Bless.

Stephanie for Judy B