HOW TO USE THIS FORUM-PERSONAL COOKBOOK

ernrol

This forum is for HEALTHY recipes and food tips. Links and other nutrition things of interest should be entered in the “Nutritional information, links and new stories that may be beneficial to health and survival” forum. It is the intent that we can all have a lot of fun and be well informed at these two forums.

After you have posted a recipe and you later improve upon it go back and add it to the original posting.

TO SUBMIT A RECIPE

Create your recipe in Word program

Start with Name of Recipe

List ingredients

Give directions

Give number of servings if applicable

Place any comments before or after the recipe.

This way the recipe can be copied and pasted including the name to a Word document on ones computer.

Example using the first recipe I posted:

I will start with an easy one that will put a little garlic and Turmeric in your life.

Healthy Deviled Eggs,

Split hard boiled eggs lengthwise

Remove and discard yolks

Fill with your favorite Hommus

You can buy plain Hommus or make your own.

You can add whatever you like to the Hommus. I add crushed garlic and some Turmeric that will make them yellow.

You can see that if you highlight from the word Healthy down to the word yellow, you will get the complete recipe and be able to paste it into your word program, without getting my comments.

After you have created your recipe in word, you can spell check it and cut and paste it to your posting.

If your recipe is a different recipe for something that is already entered you can post it in the same thread or create a new post. If your recipe is for a new dish then post it as a new posting. This way people will be able to just scan down to see what’s new

TO CREATE YOUR OWN RECIPE FILES

Create a Folder; Name it “LCSC RECIPES”

Create folders within the LCSC RECIPES folder for each category you wish to have some suggestions:

Appetizers

Meat

Beverages

Breads

Casseroles

Condiments

Deserts

Dips

Egg

Legumes

Pastas

Poultry

Salads

Sauces

Seafood

Soups/Stews

Vegetables

Vegetarian Main Dish

If you are lazy like me you can create folders now by highlighting each item and right click and copy, then create a folder and paste.

You now have a place to store your recipes in an orderly fashion.

When you find a recipe that you want to copy to your LCSC RECIPE file, just hit the minimize button, (that is the one in center top right).

Open Word program.

Copy and paste the recipe including the title.

Paste into Word.

Highlight and copy title.

Select save

Paste title

Select category to save it in

Hit save

I recommend that in the view file you select list and arrange by name. This makes it easy to find things.

All suggestions are welcome. LET’S HAVE SOME FUN

Any questions contact me.

Ernie