SomethingI need to do for everyone!!!!

RandyW

I am not her eto start arguments or generate controversy. I apologize openly for upsetting people with controversy here. I feel that allI am doing is trying to Educate people to make informed decisions on treatments and keep everyone informed of All research. Everything is happening for a reason right now. Some things we have no control over. I do not like politcs for it does bring out emotions in people including myself. Research happens at its own pace in its own series of events. I do know there is a need for research to find a cure for this disaease. It will not benefit me personally in any way right now as to whether or not a cure is found. It does nothing for me on a personal level as to what kind of rates and you know why. No matte what I will never see my beloved wifes smile again no matter what happens in nthe medical field right now and this whole Stem Cell is eating me tonite. I title everything so that everyone knows what the topic is about and that is why. I understand everyones point of view on this subject in accordance with last wweeks Chat Ssession and I respect that opinion and /or belief. I am merely presenting the facts and I do apologize for upsetting people about this topic and getting them Fired up. Robust discussion is good in relationship to the topics I present. I do not poxsst to offend anyone, I merely present the facts here. Medical science dictates those facts, not me. Sorry just had to get this off my chest. It would be like going to Bed mad at your spouse for a fight that did not matter what the outcome and I believe you should never go to bed mad for anyhting.

I want to let you know that I very much appreciate the time and the effort that you take to give us information on cancer research. I am very interested in any and all research that has the possibility of a cure for this awful disease. Thank you Randy.

Randy,

You, of all people, know that I have been one of your biggest fans for your contributions in this section of the board. I regularly compliment you on your initiative.

Moreover, I have also been one of your cheerleaders, trying to give you solace in your grief, pm'ing you to see how you were doing when you seem overwhelmed, and giving you as much support as I can in a cyberspace environment. I even tip well on Tuesday nights.

Oh, and Randy, I'm a pretty tough ol' bird, and my feathers really don't get ruffled that easy...

Enough said.

Welthy

I feel that all I am doing is trying to Educate people to make informed decisions on treatments and keep everyone informed of All research.

A big amen to that! I don't know of the conversation that prompted this post, Randy, but I do know that informing people is a good thing regardless of whether they would personally choose a given treatment or not.

Randy,

On one post I remember reading, someone refered to you as "Research Randy". What an appropriate title. I for one, check out all of the links you provide and I always learn something new. Thanks for all you do, and please keep up the great work. We need all the education we can get!! Ellie (Sis)

You can only post what the research reads. What people do with it after they read it is totally up to them.

When I replied in a post about the Race car driver who died from neck and throat cancer,(In the Obit Forum) I just wanted to be clear to those that read that article in that he did not have lung cancer, or that if he did have lc it didn't spread to his throat or neck. I was NOT picking on the post, but I just wanted people to know it was not lung cancer related. Sometimes it's

nice to post in the subject line that it isn't LC related if that is the case. I think most people assume that everything here is lc related, being that's what we're here for.

Most people on this board are in high speed mode and looking for help ASAP, and support. When we are in that mode, we don't always see things clearly and we need some extra TLC. ((((GROUP HUG))))

We are all human and we make mistakes. I'm glad we're all still here to be able to do that, and I'm sad that our loved ones aren't.

Randy, your help & support is always appreciated.

Randy,

Keep on going, with knowledge comes wisdom, the more educated one is and the more info. you can pass on the better. I will tell you something, I read it all and sometimes even more, I am so analytical about things and research the "net" alot. I think sometimes my husbands' dr. thinks I want to be the dr. but I must tell you that when we saw an onc. down at one of the excellent hospitals in Boston, and I asked about all sorts of info. I knew, alot from coming here, he was impressed! , but he also admitted to me how ashamed he was of the lack of research and funding for lc, especially in sclc.

So keep on doing what your doing, you are greatly appreciated!!!! :D

Grace

You can't please all the people all the time--so don't try. Some people will be upset over animals used in research--some over political issues, and some over this one-- you can't avoid it-- you're going to hit someones sore spot with almost any article. It's ok for people to post their opinion-- we're all different and that's a good thing.

Randy I too give you a big vote of praise.I don't spend a lot of time in some of the other forums but I always check in too see what interesting NEW devolements hav come up.There is always something new and interesting you have kept us up to date with.

Thanks for all the work and effort you provide us.As for the effect it has on us as readers it is up for all of us to take what we can from what we read and leave what we don't want.