what can I do for dry nostrils

Robin

In addition to saline nasal spray, I dab some petroleum jelly (such as Vaseline) about 1/2 inch up into each nostril two or three times a day. This helps regardless of the relative humidity, which in Hawaii is high compared to most states, and even if I'm having a lot of chemo nasal drip and throat drainage. The drip seems to lack the substance(s) necessary for proper lubrication of the nasal passages. This may be similar to the "dry eye" syndrome caused by chemo or other conditions -- the eyes detect a lack of lubrication at the surface and ask for more tears, but the tears streaming out of the ducts don't contain enough lubricant, and the cycle continues until relieved by lubricating eye drops (artificial tears).

Aloha,

Ned

Drink lots of water.

I used skin cream called Aquafor. A dab on a clean q-tip for each nostril. No double dipping. The epithelial cells are the fastest deviding and the mucosa will be the first to be affected from chemo.

Stay well. Hang in there.

I liked the saline rinses too. Makes hanabuttah, right, Ned?

Cindi o'h