12 Years ago today my LC journey began

Connie B

having had a chest x-ray (during my routine PAP exam) they found a mass in my left lung. Not knowing what it was at that time, my adventure into being a lung cancer patient/survivor began.

In 45 minutes I will be going to get the results of my CT scan that I had done last week.

I'm feeling hopeful and positive. It's Checkup Time again! It's Another Great Day To Be Alive!

I'll fill you in with the results when I get back.

Hummmm, well, I have good news and not so good news, not bad, but not great. :?:? The reason I have a CT scan every 6 months is because of the dreaded nodule (6mm) I have had for the last 4 years. Well, the good news is, that nodule hasn't change at all, it's holding its own. The not so good news is, I have a NEW nodule. :roll: It's very small in size, about 3mm. I even got to see it on my CT scans. :o It's right next door to the other dreaded nodule. So, now I have TWO nodules is all it is at this time. They are both non-calcified nodules, but still nothing to get my shorts in a knot over.

So, it's not BAD news really!!! Just a bump in the road that we will have to watch. Now instead of every 6 months for a CT I have been bumped up to every 4 months. So, it's back to the drawing board come August. Otherwise, I'm doing Great!

Thank you all for your very kind words and for your words of support. It really does help to have someone hold your hand. (((((GROUP HUG)))))

Connie,

Congratulations on the 12 years- you show everyone how it's done!!!!

Sorry the new nodule showed up but since the other one hasn't grown, I'm sure this one will do the same. Just sucks that you have to have an extra worry.

Dear Connie,

12 years is so amazing! After all this time, the new nodule has to be a fluke. You have been through alot the last couple of years - I am betting the nodule will be gone in August.

I want to thank you for your support and friendship. Over the past 12 years you have given so much to other survivors and caregivers alike. You are always willing to offer advise, hope, comfort, a shoulder to cry on or a good laugh. Your dedication to helping others touched by LC has been felt by many. You truly are one of gods angels.

Cheers to many more anniversaries!

Wendy

Connie,

12 years is just amazing. I'm sorry to hear there's a new bump in the road. I'm sure it's not at all what you were expecting. Hoping it just sits there or goes away.

Thanks for being such an inspiration and support to everyone here all of the time. Not just for sharing your own story, but for taking the time to share the stories of your friends (like your long-term sclc friends) that you think might prop someone else up. It's invaluable.

:) Dear Connie, you scared me for a second !!! O well one more nodule, is a pain and something that we don't want. But I am so happy for you even if you have to watch this 2 little monster for 50 years.

Congratulations for the 12

hugs & prayers bucky

Nodules, Nodules. Wish they had a sign saying "NOT TO WORRY ABOUT" hung on them. Great that the 1st one is behaving and not changing. Do you suppose it sent for a friend to keep it company as long as it is not going anywhere?

Take care my friend.

Donna G