The Struggle

Don Wood

From a purely personal point of view I'm so sorry that you're not going to be a presence in my cyber life anymore. From the other side I'm so thrilled for you that you have found a calling that will help others.

I was so pleased to have met you and Lucie and Randy last year. Lucie was just as you'd written and I shall miss your thoughtful insights although I understand and applaud your moving on in the healing process.

You were one of the first to repond to my first post and I have valued your opinions since.

Take care and please check in from time to time.

Geri

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don, your presence on this site has been a mainstay and we have all gotten such pleasure from getting to know you and Lucie. I thank you for all of the kindness and support you showed my mom and me through the years. I was VERY sorry to see that you wouldn't be coming to Chicago, because I wished so badly I could have come to TX last year and met you and I thought this would be my chance.

I wish you happiness and joy in the future. You will be missed.

Don,

I am so sorry to read that you are leaving. You and Lucy have touched my life in ways that you will never know. I understand your need to move on in your life and it sounds as if you have found a great ministry to do that. I wish you well in all that you do. It would be nice if you could check in from time to time so that we know that you are doing ok, but we understand if that is too difficult for you. Your understanding, love and support will be greatly missed by all here now and those who come later.

Good Luck!

Dear, dear Don,

Like everyone else, I regret your moving on but know that you're just moving on to a larger venue and that you will be as wonderful as a Stephen minister as you have been a LCSC mentor -- which you were to everyone.

We will miss you, your comfort and wisdom, but we have all benefited from and grown stronger because of your presence here. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you have done and been.

Ellen

(((DON)))

You will be dearly missed. I don't know where to begin or end. Just want to say that you will never be forgotten! Thank you for being there to help and being a friend. If you ever get back to Yazoo City for anay reason, let me know.

God's Peace Be With You!!

Jamie

Don, I know what a difficult decision this has been for you and I am so proud of you for being strong enough to forge ahead. Regardless of what path you take, I know your deep love for Lucie will be your guiding light. Please check in with us from time to time, as you have been such a strong and powerful mentor for so many of us and you will be truly missed. I know how you feel and praise your decision to continue helping others.

This post makes me sad too. You are such a big part of this place. But, how can we try to make you stay when you put it the way you have. We only want what is best for you and for you to heal and grow.

You, my friend, are going to be missed so, so much.

You mentioned angels on earth. Yes, you are right Katie and Rick are definately angels, but you forgot one more angel that I can think of.......YOU!

Hoping for only the very best for you, Don.

Warm Hugs,

Melinda

Don, I have always admired your love for Lucie and your dedication to LCSC. You continued to reach out to all of us even when your own heart was aching from the loss of Lucie. I completely understand. I find it hard to come back too. It is these choices we need to make that better our healing. Lucie is looking down on you with pride for you continuing the work in your ministry. I send you off with love and best wishes. I will check in with Katie to see how you are doing.

I also must agree thoroughly that Rick and Katie are angels on earth. The support, love and encouragement I received here saved me during a dark time in my life.

All my best to you, Don.

God bless you Don. You and Lucie have been a wonderful example of perseverance and steadfastness in times of crisis. Perhaps God was preparing you Don to minister in this new way. None of us can know the mind of God and how the creator works.I will continue to keep you in my prayers and plan on meeting up with you and Lucie in heaven. pammie

Don,

While I understand your leaving, I have mixed feelings about it. We have had to say goodbye to so many, it hurts to have to say goodbye to someone that I didn't know was going.

I wish you luck in your new endeavor and I'm going to email you when I reach 2000 posts dang it, and you're coming on here to announce it. :wink:

Don

I don't know how I missed this post.

I wish you much peace and strength in

your future endeavors.

You are one of the first people to always respond to everyone's posts. You will surely be missed

Take Care

Dar

Don i too have been debating with my self as to whether stay here or leave. What is so difficult for me is reading all the new one's fighting SCLC and reading the same problem's and result's over and over. That is why i normally do not ad in comment's on it as i'm afraid my bad habit of being to blunt and honest will come out and i sure as hell do not want to destroy any one's hope. So do not be surprised if some day in the near future i announce my departure. I think your plan's sound very admirable and god bless you in your work.......