New Game

nyka69

Wanna try a new game? I borrowed this from another site, and it was hugely popular.

The rules are simple: Answer the question in the post above yours. Ask a new question. That's it.

Ask your question so that anyone can answer it - i.e., no questions directed to specific members - and no chatting or derailment or comments on others' answers, please.

For all the chat-happy folks, I didn't make up the rules, I only copied 'em! (There are bound to be comments to some questions/answers, but the idea is just to not let it get out of hand.)

Okay, here goes...

What is your earliest childhood memory?

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first pet was Huck, a Husky/Shepard mix puppy. He was the coolest puppy ever! Well...Mom didn't think so when he ate the drain pipe, part of the living room rug, beer cans, a rose bush, and a fig tree. Needless to say, Huck didn't stay with us very long.

Who was your first crush?

His name was Pat Trokan and I kissed him in the cloak room in our 2 room Catholic school building in Milwaukee. He was the cutest boy in our 5th grade class. I remember Sr Talia always catching me doing something I wasn't supposed to be doing. I don't think I got caught kissing him, though. I sure hope Pat Trokan is not lurking on this site.

What was your first car?

My daughter was in a science Fair at LSU and the night of the finals she got sick. She won her division and they asked me if I would come and recieve her award at the award ceremony. I said I would. Well, it was very noisy in the place and when they called out a name, I thought it was my daughter's name..So I pranced up there proud as a peacock to get her award and I noticed as I was walking there was a little girl walking on the other aisle..I started walking faster and so did she..We were almost in a dead run when we reached the podium. The announcer took me to the side and told me that this was not my daughter's award and to please go and sit down with the other parents. Talk about a walk of shame. I did get a standing O though, when he finally did call her name. GEEZ :oops:

What is your favorite food?

My grandmother was a very typical Italian grandma who could do it all and then some. She would make canolis by the platefuls whenever there was a holiday and everyone was coming to her house. She even had a special broomstick that she used to wrap the dough around. It took her hours and hours to make all those canolis.

Well, grandpa was a bit of a devil and one year, unbeknownest to her, he took out the filling of some of the canolis and put in plain powdered sugar in some and shaving cream in some of them. People starting biting into them and the stuff was coming out all over. Needless to say, my parents were glad that us kids couldn't understand Italian cause I think she used every word in the book on him.

And he just smiled!!!!!

Other than your kids - what are you most proudest of in your life??

I am certainly proudest of my husband. He had so many, many things to overcome in his life. He worked so hard to better understand himself and those around him. He always tried to improve his life and the lives of those around him. He pursued his faith with a fervor like I've never seen in anyone. I was proud to know this man. I was proud to call him my husband.

If you could change your name, what would you change it to?

Traveling in the winter of 05/06 with Bill in our RV to Lake Tahoe. We worked at Heavenly Ski Resort for the season. We met so many wonderful kids from all over the world and still stay in contact with some of them via email. We skied and played and worked together and had the vacation of a lifetime.

What's your favorite hobby?

I am MADLY in love with beach. I can't imagine living anywhere that didn't have a beach at least a short drive away. I can't swim (grew up playing in the Johnny pump) so I stay out of the water, but it doesn't diminish my love of the salty air and the sand between my toes.

What animal best represents your personality?

A cat... I can be very sneaking and I get what I want... also I can be very lazy and just lay around.

Also if you pet me it will make me purr... :lol: Or I could scratch your eyes out if you deceive me. :evil:

What was your favorite cartoon character when you were little?

Maryanne :wink:

Snuffy!!! I was so excited when we went into Xavier's NICU room one day and the nurses had decorated his crib card with Snuffy stickers! My husband just rolled his eyes at me but I was about in tears...just seemed like *someone* had to have given them a nudge to put those on instead of the more popular characters. :wink:

What did you tell your kids (if they're old enough) about the birds n the bees...or if they're still too young, what did your parents tell YOU?

Maryanne!! You must not have kids between 25-30+! :D He-man and She-ra were all the rage when my kids were young. Still have all their little figures stored away for them. (I have no clue who Snuffy is though, unless he was the one from Sesame Street!)

Favorite Movie -- The Godfather (I & II) of course!

Did you have a favorite ornament from your childhood? Describe it.

My favorite ornament was a white plastic reindeer. We had 3 of them, one of each of us kids. We "marked" our space under the tree with them so Santa would know where to put our stuff. I still have all three of them and put them up every year.

What is your favorite holdiay tradition??

There were eight of us kids and Mom and Dad used to send us all upstairs on Christmas Eve. Daddy would go outside and throw stones on the roof and yell, "Ho, Ho, Ho, Merry Christmas" Even when us older ones knew what was going on, we still loved the adventure. And then of course Daddy used to call us downstairs and tell us that Santa had come, and sure enough there were presents beneath the tree.

Do you like to shovel snow? If you're a Southerner, do you miss not shoveling any more?

I do to both ???